Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

One thing that I am wondering is whether or not the Login/SignUp/Registration module can be integrated with the Community Builder Login?Register module/function.

Any thoughts?

teetide Friend

That’s a good question Tom. I’m currently running a phpbb3 forum with the CBConnector. I’d like the know the answer to this as well.

Khanh Le Moderator

We wil make a try to see if we could integrate those CB functions to this template.

unixboymd Friend

I have a client that is using the Joomla! 1.0 version of the original TELINE and I would love to upgrade her to Joomla 1.5 and Teline II. But her site is using a vBulletin forum and the bridge plugin from BBPIXEL.

However, for her 1.5 migration I’d like to try and use the JFusion Universal User Integration but not really sure how this would work with this Teline II’s HighSlide plugin.

Is this something that anyone has used? Anyone have any comments on this type of set-up?

copper Friend

Khanh Le;49951We wil make a try to see if we could integrate those CB functions to this template.

I’ll be really glad to see this function working with CB.
    I hope to see it working real soon;)

herowan Friend

Khanh Le;49951We wil make a try to see if we could integrate those CB functions to this template.

I am eagerly waiting for this also.
    It will be perfect if joomlart release template that can be used with most of the important Joomla component.

PGLion Friend

I agree, many Joomla sites have CB integrated. Please release a login module for us 🙂

quantaweb Friend

CB integration is a lot to ask considering that a major release is just around the corner. There will be plenty of bug fixes and other issues for the first months or so, and plugins that will need to migrate to native mode. I guess it would be a lot to ask for Joomlart to build a template based on a moving target. But granted, they have done some amazing work in the past, namely JA Avian II with RSgallery2. Amazing stuff.

unixboymd Friend

I’m no developer, but would it not be easier to build the highslide so that you can assign different extensions to it and have then “pop-up”?

From what I saw of the code, it is built into the template, css files and a module. To me it would make sense to develop something that is more like a plugin that you can wrap around different modules or other extensions.

ruigato Friend

<em>@unixboymd 51433 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m no developer, but would it not be easier to build the highslide so that you can assign different extensions to it and have then “pop-up”?

From what I saw of the code, it is built into the template, css files and a module. To me it would make sense to develop something that is more like a plugin that you can wrap around different modules or other extensions.</blockquote>

This is the best option, this whay we could use whatever we like.

Heres the CB module for teli II gently shared by travisdh

swhel Friend

<em>@ruigato 53572 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is the best option, this whay we could use whatever we like.

Heres the CB module for teli II gently shared by travisdh</blockquote>

where ís it cant se it.

copper Friend

swhel;54069where ís it cant se it.

Here
    That worked for me 😉

travisdh Friend

Hi guys.

The CB Module is designed for Joomla 1.0.x for those who are running J1.5 sorry at present it is not compatible, but hopefully in the near future i might have an updated version, otherwise look on the forum for the post about creating a new login / registration module, it may be well worth it.

Anyways for those who are interested i have switched my site to Teline II so you can see the CB Registration working in action, i have not used the CB login Module like it is done in CB itself, so bear in mind that Profile Pictures & The likes might need to be shown by publishing the CB Login Module to show when user is registered access group so they can see their PM’s etc but i really have not looked into that yet. But CB Registration is working.

If you visit my site http://www.reviewyou.com.au you will see the Sign Up / Register Link at the top. This is loading the CB Page with all the fields that show on the registration setting, the trick is to keep it minimal (as i have not done to show an example). Have as few fields as possible on that page, and the rest to be filled out in the persons profile, that way the page stays small and works well on most browsers.

ruigato Friend

i tryed to register and the birthday fiel wasnt working.

Gess you already fixed that.

Keep up, thanks for the sharing..

travisdh Friend

Hello.

When you say the birthday field is not working do you mean it is not showing up? I did change that bit as well since it got moved to a live site sadly i had to change it. I did have a look at a few Teline II based sites and noticed the module in use 🙂 Fantastic and great to see some people have started to use it!

Good Luck & Hope it works out for you :)…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum