Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

For Joomla 1.0, but joomla 1.5 is simmilar as well
    Please follow the installation instructions Step vise, you will be fine :-

First Install VirtueMart from Virtuemart website, install the virtuemart componant, then install Mod_virtuemart which is the most important module, then install mod_featured_Products, then if you want you can install other modules just to scribble & learn
    – Download Ja Mesolite-> Extract
    – Install Template thru automatic installation
    – Upload theme inside theme folder of VirtueMart
    via FTP inside Joomla_site_path/components/com_virtuemart/themes/

Go to backend of joomla & component > Virtuemart
    In virtuemart configurations or sumwhere there is an option to select your theme, select ja_mesolite

Back to Joomla Admin :-
    1.) Install all 3 Modules for Ja_mesolite
    2.) Go to Site — > Template Manager –> Module Positions
    3.) Check you got 2 main Module Positions
    4.) Site > Preview > inline with positions – It will show you all the module positions
    5.) Assign Mesolite modules with appropriate positions
    If those positions are not present – Then you create it this way – V. Simple
    6.) Site > Template Manager > Module Positions
    write the name vm-lp & vm-fp in 2 different positions “Leave discription blank please” & click save, check all the positions are present here otherwise create them, you know all the module positions from step 4.

vm-lp will be assigned to module Mod_ja_vmproductslide
    vm-fp to featured products of virtuemart
    slideshow position will be assigned to module ja_slideshow

=====================================================
    Dont forget to say thnx if this tip helps you out !
    I can always do with some extra credits, dun mind really
    😉

mary77 Friend

Go to backend of joomla & component > Virtuemart
    In virtuemart configurations or sumwhere there is an option to select your theme, select ja_mesolite

Hello,

I can not find anywhere in the store config to select a theme, can you please help?

Thank you

mary77 Friend

FTP inside Joomla_site_path/components/com_virtuemart/themes/

there is no folder like this one……..help please
    there is only css, js, and shop_image folders in com_virtuemart

dean123 Friend

Joomla_Site_Path / Components / com_virtuemart / “themes” < — If this folder is not present then not sure but i would ask you 1 question, did you Install Ja mesolite ? Well I have Installed & uninstalled whole process 4-5 times, I always had the themes folder, please double check your VirtueMart installation

To be frank there was a theme named default, So I renamed ja_mesolite to default & renamed default to something bla bla

Put up a question in main area of Ja_mesolite, & link it to this thread as we require answer over here, as once we get answer to this, i think the installation tip will be helping everyone out

cheers!

dean123 Friend

<em>@mary77 70852 wrote:</em><blockquote>Go to backend of joomla & component > Virtuemart

Hello,

I can not find anywhere in the store config to select a theme, can you please help?

Thank you</blockquote>

What joomla version u using ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dean123 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum