Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have installed the quickstart version of JA Social, everything worked well but i’m having a lot of problems with the template parameters, the apply button does not works and the profile layout is allways the default one. Any idea on what could be the problem ? , Thanks in advance for the support.

steinar Friend

1 Enter your ftp details; username and password.
    2 Click apply and then close.
    3 Select edit template again. The setup should now appear vertically oriented and ready to accept your commands.

Phill Moderator

<em>@sevenen 199146 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I have installed the quickstart version of JA Social, everything worked well but i’m having a lot of problems with the template parameters, the apply button does not works and the profile layout is allways the default one. Any idea on what could be the problem ? , Thanks in advance for the support.</blockquote>
    It could be a number of different issues. It could be that it is changing but you have local cookies overiding your changes. Delete the cookies and try again. It could be that the file that holds the data is not writable. It could be (and please do not take offence to this, we deal with users of varying levels of skills so have to start from the bottom up) that you are not fully understanding how the system works and need to read the guides in more detail.

Either way a link to your site may help along with more details of what you are trying to do. If we cannot help with that information then we may ask for a logon to take a look.

Sevenen Corp S.A Friend

<em>@steinar 199152 wrote:</em><blockquote>1 Enter your ftp details; username and password.
    2 Click apply and then close.
    3 Select edit template again. The setup should now appear vertically oriented and ready to accept your commands.</blockquote>

I’ve cleaned the T3 Cache and now it is working again, thanks for the support.

Phill Moderator

Thanks for coming back and resolving your thread. The cache can be a right pain when developing a site. Well done on JA for adding a simple button. PHPBB3 is an absolute nightmare as it has more than one cache to annoy you.

Good luck with your site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum