Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am installing the community site. I have uploaded, unzipped, and it is going to the installation file because that php starts. BUT everything is blank on the screen, nothing comes up to do the actual installation. I tried different locations for the files, but I have the right because it is locating the php. I have also tried firefox, google and safari in case it was the browser.
    Help.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

May I know which JA template are you trying to install? And you use the quickstart package of template or you want to install template into an existing website?

Let me know the details so I can help you out.

Regards

teldert Friend

JA Community Plus quickstart file.
    I keep it zipped, upload it directly into file manager, unzip. Can see the installation file.
    Open the site, the installation php automatically starts, but then nothing is appearing on the screen. It seems like the installation never gets to load up.
    I tried 3 different browsers. Nothing. It just sits and tries to start the installation process.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

JA Community Plus template is old template which is built with old PHP version. I guess you’re using PHP 7 so that it doesn’t start to work. If possible, pls switch the PHP version to a previous version like PHP 5.6 temporarily.

I will share with the team for further updating.

If problem still persists, kindly share with hosting info, I will help you to install.

Regards

teldert Friend

Did you ever find out why it doesn’t work? Waiting on an answer so I can install. That is why I signed up for this membership.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I’m sorry for not leaving the message here, we updated the Quickstart package so that it can work with J!3.8.3 and PHP 7 on Dec 27/2017, you can get the package in download section of this template: https://www.joomlart.com/downloads/joomla-templates/joomla-3-2-5-ja-community-plus/

and try to install again.

It should be ok now.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum