Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am fairly new to all this so please excuse my ignorance.
    I have been trying to create my own template using the JA T3 framework and have been getting nowhere the last few days. I have read many guides/walkthroughs, most of which use the old file structure which has got me confused when trying to follow them.
    Basically, what I have done so far is this:

I went to mysite/templates and copied the ‘ja_t3_blank’ folder.
    Then went to mysite/templates and pasted this folder in and renamed it from ‘ja_t3_blank’ to ‘ja_t3_med’
    Then I went into mysite/templates/ja_t3_med and changed the info.xml and templateDetails.xml file to show my own details following the examples in This guide
    Then went to administrator > extensions manager > clicked ‘discover’ > found my template and clicked ‘install’
    I can now see my template under template manager > templates but not under template manager > styles meaning I am unable to set it as my default template and thus unable to start customising it.

I am not even sure if what I have done is the correct procedure? Am I meant to copy the entire templates/ja_t3_blank folder? Or just some of the folders within it? Or does my template go inside the templates/ja_t3_blank folder? For example under ‘templates/ja_t3_blank/core/themes’

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to create an idiot proof walkthrough with screenshots that uses the new file structure and sticky it in this forum as much of the documentation I found was out of date and only confused me more, and I imagine I am not the only one who would benefit from it. Just my opinion and this might already be planned/done but I think it is needed.

Many Thanks,
    James

jooservices Friend

Hi,

I’m sorry for this late reply, somehow did not see this topic before. I see this thread has been marked “Solved”, have you solved it already? If so, please share your solution!

Thanks
    Viet Vu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum