Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

It’s the first time I tried to install a joomlart template with a quickstar package.

I read the tutorial but I have a problem at step 6. Configuration.

When I have to choose the sample data I don’t have a choice as show on the tutorial.

So If I install the Sample data (the only one proposed), I get a website with a blank page. Back-end functions but there’s absolutely nothing on front-page.

If I don’t Install the Sample Data, well it functions but I don’t have cloned the demo site.

I must commit a mistake somewhere but I can’t find it.

Hope for you help,

EG

pavit Moderator

Hi

I just downloaded the quickstart for Joomla 2.5 and installed it on my localhost and it worked fine

after installed sample data and removed the installation folder the website is correctly showed

Take a look here

So please repeat the whole process download again the quickstart and install it on a new database and a new folder (empty)

and everything will works fine

1. Screenshot_5
    2. Screenshot_6
    EG Friend

Thanks to you, I know it doesn’t comes from the step 6 and the choice of sample data.
    But I still have the same problem.
    I create a new folder and a new database and there is still the same result : blank page in front end.

So I must commit a mistake at another point.
    Can you confirm me that I have only to install quickstart and no the other files of the templates ?

Thanks you very much,

EG

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>Can you confirm me that I have only to install quickstart and no the other files of the templates ?</blockquote>

There are no other files to install

Please follow this GUIDE to correctly install the quickstart package

EG Friend

Thanks, that’s I have done many times and step by step. With no result.

I’m going to try to find the error I commit.

Thanks you.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi @gaudel,

Please have your site up online and PM me credentials below:

– FTP credentials
    – The database name you want to install
    – Mysql credentials

I’ll help to investigate further.

EG Friend

Hi,

I’m just starting a project so my site is only offline. I’m going to see to set it online.

By the way, I just tried with and other template (fixel). I install the quickstart without difficulty. I don’t know if it can help but maybe there’s a difference in the system requirement which can explain my difficulty with sugite template.

Thanks for you help,

EG

MoonSailor Friend

@gaudel: It’s really hard to investigate when your site is still in local. Could you try to put your site online? I can help to debug then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum