Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

please help this the first template i have paid for and i cannot install it on jommla 3.65. I have installed free templates before without problems. I need some instructions as to how to install.

Many thanks

albert.shepherd Friend

hi, I have just downloaded Oslo and am having problems installing. I am new to the web building practice but have in the past installed templates successfully on joomla 3.65 I dont now which order to install the elements and some elements report that php.ini load is exceeded Can u help with install instructions. Many thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    What problem are you facing in the installation?
    I just installed the template on Joomla3.6.5 and there is no issue > http://prntscr.com/dx391e

albert.shepherd Friend

Hi
    If I try to installed the single zip download it goes on forever and eventually stops.
    If I then unzip the main zip to reveal individual zip files and try to install the zip jatc-oslo it goes on for ever then stops.
    When I try to install ja_oslo_source.zip.v1.0.0 it returns the messageThere was an error uploading this file to the server.
    Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
    Unable to find install package

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If the upload size is too low you have to ask your host provider to increase the php values for you because template package is not a big file.
    You can send me your site super user admin details via Private reply if you wish me to take a look on the error.
    Regards

albert.shepherd Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    albert.shepherd Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Phill Moderator

These details do not allow logon to the joomla back end.

However, it sounds more to me you are trying to install the wrong files from the archive. If you download the full package and extract the contents you will find a number of files. Here are the details

JA Oslo Quickstart – This will be a very large zip and is not a template, but a full Joomla install with the template and components already setup as per the demo. If you are new to Joomla and are building your site from scratch then this is the best way to start. We document how to install this but if you need advice we are always pleased to help.

There is also a JA Oslo template – This is a much smaller zip and can be installed from the joomla back end. You will need to configure it to work with your site as well as installing and setting up all the other components. How to do that is also details in our docs but it is a bit more work than using the quickstart.

You will also find in the archive two modules and two plugins. All these need to be installed for you to use the template correctly, the T3 System Plugin must be installed and activated or the template will not work at all.

Finally there are the source files. These are special files aimed more at developers as they contain the graphics used in their source form. Most people do not use or need these. They are not installable, instead you unzip them and open them with tools such as photoshop.

albert.shepherd Friend

hi,
    many thanks but I have managed to edit the appropriate values in the PHP services section.
    It took some finding on the web but once I got there it was easy to alter the values.

many thanks for your hepl
    Here is the script I followed
    I have encountered the same issue. I have resolved it from cpanel itself:
    cPanel > section Software/Services > Select PHP Version menu.
    Click on Switch to PHP extensions and there you will see the option for raising the php memory limit as memory_limit.
    In some hosts, you can configure the custom php.ini file from here too.

Phill Moderator

Very glad to hear you have it fixed. Good luck with your site.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 7 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum