Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I want to install google analytics, I downloaded an extention called janalytics, it says I have to edit the html of my template but I cant seem to do it, I found some answers in the forum but it seems like every template has a different way or path of editing.
    Could you please tell me the way to install ga, and if I really need this extention I downloaded ( http://www.tedesco.net.au/downloads/category/4-modules# ) or are there better ones, o no need for one.
    thx

aman204 Friend

You may wish to try out this extension as it really gives an easy and initutive way to have analytics working 🙂

http://www.thinkbigshot.com/blog/technical/152-bigshot-google-analytics-plugin-for-joomla-15.html

juans Friend

Excellent extention, easy to install.
    thanks

Michael Impelluso Developer

<em>@aman204 202191 wrote:</em><blockquote>You may wish to try out this extension as it really gives an easy and initutive way to have analytics working 🙂

http://www.thinkbigshot.com/blog/technical/152-bigshot-google-analytics-plugin-for-joomla-15.html</blockquote>

This plugin looks really nice–especially not having to modify the template html file!

revistaaqui Friend

pero donde instalo el codigo de seguimiendo de google analitycs???,
    con el plugin ya estaria activado??

aman204 Friend

<em>@revistaaqui 223773 wrote:</em><blockquote>pero donde instalo el codigo de seguimiendo de google analitycs???,
    con el plugin ya estaria activado??</blockquote>

Sorry but I am not able to understand your language. Please make it to be English which is easily understood by us 🙂

freissmann Developer

I installed the plugin and set the correct analytics ID – however it shows not up in the source of the website (http://relaunch2.rrc-group.de)
    Any ideas?

Phill Moderator

Best speak to the creators of the plugin as we really do not know the tool.

Here is another method to add analytics to your site.

Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php into templates>ja_your-template-name>page>default.php and insert your analytics code just before the </head> tag as per below.

<head>
    <?php //gen head base on theme info
    $this->showBlock ('head');
    ?>
    <?php
    $blocks = T3Common::node_children($this->getBlocksXML ('head'), 'block');
    foreach ($blocks as $block) :
    $this->showBlock ($block);
    endforeach;
    ?>

<?php echo $this->showBlock ('css') ?>
    ************YOUR ANALYTICS CODE HERE*************
    </head>

freissmann Developer

Thanks,
    I found the default.php – however I cannot find the target directory.
    I am using the JA-Business template and do not have templates>ja_droid>page>

Phill Moderator

Just put it in templates>ja_business>page

You have to create the page directory.

luisvillamarin Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 224154 wrote:</em><blockquote>Best speak to the creators of the plugin as we really do not know the tool.

Here is another method to add analytics to your site.

Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php into templates>ja_your-template-name>page>default.php and insert your analytics code just before the </head> tag as per below.

<head>
    <?php //gen head base on theme info
    $this->showBlock ('head');
    ?>
    <?php
    $blocks = T3Common::node_children($this->getBlocksXML ('head'), 'block');
    foreach ($blocks as $block) :
    $this->showBlock ($block);
    endforeach;
    ?>

<?php echo $this->showBlock ('css') ?>
    ************YOUR ANALYTICS CODE HERE*************
    </head>

</blockquote>

I have added the code 2 times already and for some reason the code has disappeared twice and I had to add it again. Does anyone know why this is happening.

Phill Moderator

If you are adding it in the templates folder then there is no reason at all it should dissppear. If you added in the JAT3 plugin folder then it would get overwritten when you update the JAT3 plugin. That is why we copy it to the location mentioned above.

mpinchuk Friend

I put script into file and put it into directory you mentioned about, but google says “Tracking not installed”

Phill Moderator

Can I have a link to your site please?

mpinchuk Friend
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum