Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I have installed quickstart templates before and never had a problem.. here is my error. Any ideas?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/metro21/public_html/missionalchurch/plugins/system/plg_jamenuparams.php on line 95

http://missionalchurch.dallasdiocese.org/

sijbrands Friend

I’ve got the same problem

nieuw.westvolver.nl

gail_peacock Friend

I also have this error. I’m glad I’m not the only one :confused:

bennitos Friend

Hello,

Can someone try to overwrite the plugins/system/plg_jamenuparams.php file with the one i added as attachment?

Let me know what happends then please.

gail_peacock Friend

I’ve done this but still the same error for me.

bennitos Friend

Is the webserver running on an old php version?

sijbrands Friend

I miss the attachment
    The webserver is running on PHP Version 4.3.9

Frank

kicr Friend

Quickstart works for me. Downloaded yesterday, running PHP 5.2.9 with MySQL 5.0.32.

Phill Moderator

I’ve just tested with PHP4.3 and you do indeed get and error, later versions of PHP are fine. Ideally, you should ask your host to upgrade your version of PHP. PHP5 has been out for a very long time now and IMO all hosts should have upgraded for their own benefit as well as their users.

Hopefully, JA will adjust the code in ja_menuparams to cope with the outdated PHP version. In the mean time, have a word with your host and see if they can switch you to PHP5.x

sijbrands Friend

My provider will upgrade to a newer version of PHP. I hope this will solve the problems.

Tnx

Frank

Phill Moderator

Excellent news. Make sure you check your php info (from the joomla back end in the help menu) to make sure it is showing the correct version.

gail_peacock Friend

I have it up and running now. Just altered the .htaccess file to use .php5 extensions.

Phill Moderator

Thanks for coming and telling us what you did. That won’t work for all, only if you have php5 available to you. Many people have but just don’t realise it.

gail_peacock Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 162304 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for coming and telling us what you did. That won’t work for all, only if you have php5 available to you. Many people have but just don’t realise it.</blockquote>

I use 1and1.co.uk as my site host. I didn’t realise I had php5 available. I contacted them and told me to add this line of code to my .htaccess file
    AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
    which is located within the top level of where my joomla files are located.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  gail_peacock 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum