Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Just joined. First Joomla project. Yipes – a little afraid of installation. Can someone please tell me:

Am I supposed to install Joomla 1.5 and the template to my local drive – then upload the template files via FTP to my server?

There is a place in my web host control panel to install Joomla 1.5. I guess I need to do that?? I need to be able to access the site/make changes from numerous locations…

Plan to purchase the copyright removal. Should I do this before I download/install the template I have chosen or just the same to do it later?

Does the template download come with the “demo” content?

Tomas Perez Friend

mcdaily,

Joomla installation is fairly easy. I would recommend you to begin with a local installation. First, you can develop your site and make it live when it is ready. You don’t want your site to be live and half done.

The option I always use is to develop the site locally and then when it is ready, ftp it to the hosting account. Just follow this simple steps when the site is finish:
    1.- export your database to a SQL file
    2.- create a MySQL database in your hosting account
    3.- import your SQL file in your hosting database
    4.- change some configurations in configuration.php to match your hosting account
    5.- ftp all your local files to your hosting account

That’s it.

You don’t need to buy the copyright removal until you are ready to go live. Then, it will be a must.

Every template comes with demo content and if this is your first installation I will highly recommend you to install the Sample Data when doing the installation. Then you can modify the content and images later.

I hope this helps.

Tomas

mcdaily Friend

Thank you, Tomas. It does help. Plan to get started today. Pretty sure I’ll be back here before long!…

amitkn Friend

Hello Macdaily,

Tomasjoom explanation were detailed, but you need an application working locally in your PC- a Webserver, like WAMP Server.
    Then you can do all the steps explained above.
    Hope I helped also.

Amit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  amitkn 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum