Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

is it possible to insert a module above Typography? If yes (1) how and (2) can I control the background colour of the whole left sidebar or column? I am using the Magazine theme with default sub-category.

This is what I am trying to accomplish –

1. targ
    TomC Moderator

Perhaps the following tutorial will be helpful to you —> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-new-module-position-updated/

clrmedia Friend

Appreciated.

giuliano m Friend

I tried it with this and other guides but it messes up the template,.

Could you help me out
    What is the correct code and at where without ruining the template.

/templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/item/ default.php

[PHP] <div class=”default-tools”>
    <h6><?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_DEFAULT_TOOL_TITLE’) ?></h6>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.magazine_icons’, array(‘item’ => $item, ‘params’ => $params)); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($typo_tools): ?>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.typo_tools’, array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php if ($sharing_tools): ?>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.sharing_tools’, array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>[/PHP]

I also created the position <position>socialarticoli</position> to templateDetails.xml

giuliano m Friend

Could you help me out

[PHP] <div class=”default-tools”>
    <h6><?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_DEFAULT_TOOL_TITLE’) ?></h6>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.magazine_icons’, array(‘item’ => $item, ‘params’ => $params)); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.typo_tools’, array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.sharing_tools’, array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>[/PHP]

I also created the position <position>socialarticoli</position> to templateDetails.xml

giuliano m Friend

Could you help me out

<div class="default-tools">
    <h6><?php echo JText::_('TPL_DEFAULT_TOOL_TITLE') ?></h6>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.magazine_icons', array('item' => $item, 'params' => $params)); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.typo_tools', array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>

<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.sharing_tools', array()); ?>
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

Saguaros Moderator

That part belongs to the content of article so I think that you can places your desired module directly inside article: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/loadposition-loadmodule/

Then add some styles for it so that it can display underneath the article tools.

You can use Firebug editor to know how the block of article tool is styled and you can apply that style for added module.

Saguaros Moderator

That part belongs to the content of article so I think that you can places your desired module directly inside article: https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/loadposition-loadmodule/

Then add some styles for it so that it can display underneath the article tools.

You can use Firebug editor to know how the block of article tool is styled and you can apply that style for added module.

Saguaros Moderator

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum