Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to insert the category name in the header? My client wants the category name to show to the right of the logo. I have tried copying code from ja_methys/html/com_content/article/default.php to ja_methys/blocks/header.php. The first line with a parameter call – such as “<?php if ($this->params->get(‘show_page_heading’, 1)) : ?>” – results in a version of the following message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home1/pddresou/public_html/cds/templates/ja_methys/blocks/header.php on line 19

I am using Joomla 1.6.6 and ja_methys.

TomC Moderator

Greetings:

Can you, perhaps,.provide a graphic illustration of what it is, exactly, your client is wanting to achieve?

Thanks,

TOM

clrmedia Friend

You can view an example here – http://www.clrmedia.com/transfer/example.jpg. The category, shown at the top and highlighted with the yellow arrow, will change by region. (There are also menu items below the image and in the left panel with the same name as the category.)

I cannot simply assign a different profile to the pages in each category, as I must also have high contrast color schemes (white text on black background, blue text on yellow background, etc.) for people with visual impairments and a change in profile would override the high contrast color schemes.

TomC Moderator

So, if I am understanding you correctly, you want/need a category name to appear adjacent to the logo – and change for each different category page?

clrmedia Friend

Yes. It should change for each category but would remain consistent within a category and there are no sub-categories. For example, there are three pages within the Northwest category. Each of the three pages would display “Northwest”.

clrmedia Friend
    TomC Moderator

NICE WORK !!

I’m going to move this thread to the “Tips & Tutorials” section for others to, perhaps, benefit from in the future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum