Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have been doing some SEO on my website and found that there are 12 elements of inline css, I have managed to add all of these elements to the custom css section, but need to remove the "style=" tags, for example below are some of the inline css elements:

<div class="header bg-user-color1" style="border-top-width: 1px;border-bottom-width: 1px;">
    <a class="navbar-brand logo-image" href=# title=9line style="height: auto; line-height: 37px">
    <div class="hero bg-user-color1 spacing-bot-none" style="border-top-width: 1px;border-bottom-width: 1px;">

Which file or location is this generated from so that I can remove the "style=" tags, I have tested removing these in the Google Chrome console to ensure my css is replacing them.

Many thanks,

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I’m afraid that it belongs to the tool, it’s hard to remove as when you use the editor tool/ configure the block and add the settings for it, the equivalent css style will be added into the style tag like that.

Regards

9line Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Would it be possible for the developers to look into removing the inline css styles and putting them into an external style sheet as it causes issues for SEO and site speed?

If not, are they able to point me to the file that is generated by JA Builder so that I can remove them manually.

Many thanks,

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

What counts for a search engine is textual content, it will filter out everything else. Recent SEO tests show that whether the CSS inline or in a style sheet won’t make a difference. Although In-line CSS will contribute to the payload of the page but as you can see, there are only few of styles included, it will not affect much.

9line Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I understand, however it is bad practice to have inline CSS, which is why I would like to know how I can remove the style tags. As mentioned I have created all the styles in the custom css file and when removing the style tags in the Google Chrome console, all styles remain correct, therefore I do not see any reason why I can not remove the style tags.

Would it please be possible to either as the developers to clean up their code and start writing all styles into a css file in future releases or let me know the location of the file I need to edit myself so that I can remove these.

Many thanks,

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Unfortunately, it belongs to the tool, you can’t change it via template package. I will pass to the team for further consideration.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum