Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I was removing some of the categories and menu items from the Teline IV template (sample data) and when I went to check on the layout, the index.php page appears blank and now says Untitled in the title bar.

I am able to directly access the site via a specific article and even access the administrator console. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You can access the an article at http://208.111.7.117/mvanet/index.php/fine-arts/artist-news/art but if you go back to the index/home page, it goes blank.

khoand Friend

Hi,
    Could you give me username+password of backend?

dennisw Friend

I PM’d you with a login. Additionally, I have stopped and restarted all services (using WAMP).

dennisw Friend

After playing around, I found that if I disable the JA News modules, everything is working. I am assuming that something is not compatible but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out yet. If anyone knows how I can have this enabled and still get it to work, please let me know–otherwise, it loses much of the functionality that I liked about this template.

Screenshot of modules attached.

1. ja_disable
    dennisw Friend

just following up as I think I found the issue.

Once I deleted the “world” categories that was used in the template, the JA News modules were still trying to find this category. Inside of the JA News modules (all three of them), I unselected the “World” category and all seems to be working again.

Screenshot attached.

1. unselect_world
    blink black Friend

Hi,

I have followed everything here but I am still getting a blank page. Can someone help please. http://bunibuni.net/teline

dennisw Friend

blink_black,

If you would like me to take a look at it from the backend, PM some credentials to me and I will see if it was the same problem I was having.

karamalla Friend

Dear All !
    I have the same problem in my web site, it seem to be the a template error. If you find any solution please let me know. I tried every thing……

dennisw Friend

karamalla, can you provide a link to your site.

blink black Friend

Dennisw, I sent you a pm, did you get a chance to look at it?

dennisw Friend

right now, your site is not connecting to the database. I am assuming that you had the site up and running at one point. First check with your host to make sure that the database server is up and running. A lot of times, the MySQL server is not the same server that your site is housed on or sometimes the service just needs reset.

Let me know once you get the database connected (this is not related to the template issue).

blink black Friend

Please check it now. I have reinstalled Teline IV. My host says it has to do with .htaccess. I have no idea what that means

dennisw Friend

<em>@blink_black 249052 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please check it now. I have reinstalled Teline IV. My host says it has to do with .htaccess. I have no idea what that means</blockquote>

The problem is that the /plugins/system/jat3 directory is not accessible. Ownership has to be changed from “nobody” to your account. You will have to have the host do this manually. I have run into this type of problem over the years and there is nothing that you can do from your end. They have to CHMOD from their side so that your account BUNINET is the owner. See attachment.

1. Screen-shot-2011-06-23-at-11.06.02-PM
    blink black Friend

Thanks for the quick response dennisw. They changed the ownership but the blank page still persists.

dennisw Friend

<em>@blink_black 249407 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the quick response dennisw. They changed the ownership but the blank page still persists.</blockquote>

It doesn’t appear that they have changed it. Also, there are a few other directories that may end up causing problems as they have “nobody” as the owner. side note: I had to leave an old host a few years ago, because they could not perform simple tasks like this…

1. Screen-shot-2011-06-24-at-9.13.25-AM
    2. Screen-shot-2011-06-24-at-9.15.57-AM
    3. Screen-shot-2011-06-24-at-9.16.25-AM
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  karamalla 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum