Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    how can I add the user avatar to articles? at the moment, I have selected only author name and date created. Where should I change what to include the default user avatar too? see attached screenshot. Alternatively, please the author info, date created, category BELOW the actual article image??

thanks!

1. question_avatar_article
    lovedigit Friend

or maybe add easysocial avatars and profile link?

Also, Do we have page where posts are sorted by authors? I mean if you click on authors name, you can see the articles posted by him?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @saswiss, @lovedigit :

Actually these functions are not Joomla! default functions. In terms of the Joomla core, you can already link an author to a contact page with an image (when the author is the linked user) and you could write additional code to pull the image from the contact record since you already have the record id.

You could also store the image location as part of the user profile and write a plugin for that. I’m afraid that this task is beyond our support scope and you might want to hire a developer to implement it for you via Joomlancers or submit a quote here.

saswiss Friend

thanks, I found an extension doing exactly this. problem solved, although not quite what I had been looking for!

ssinha Friend

SASWISS, could you please tell the name of the extension you found? I have tried some but they don’t meet our needs.

For Adam: Adam, the built-in functions in J!3 (create the user for the author, create a contact with avatar, link the author to all of his/her articles etc.) are working great for me without any change or 3rd party plugin. In the blog page, the avatar, link to the author are showing fine but in the article page, there is no avatar, just the author’s name and link to his profile as set in the contacts.

I would like to show the avatar in the article page as well. Possible without a 3rd party plugin?

Thanks.

ssinha Friend

SASWISS, could you please tell the name of the extension you found? I have tried some but they don’t meet our needs.

For Adam: Adam, the built-in functions in J!3 (create the user for the author, create a contact with avatar, link the author to all of his/her articles etc.) are working great for me without any change or 3rd party plugin. In the blog page, the avatar, link to the author are showing fine but in the article page, there is no avatar, just the author’s name and link to his profile as set in the contacts.

I would like to show the avatar in the article page as well. Possible without a 3rd party plugin?

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ssinha 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum