Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Yo say in other post a month ago that you will launch it in 2 weeks. Are you working on 16 native version? if yes, when you planned to launch it? if dont know exactly the date, in what month you planned to release it?

Please many of us need this version asap! thanks!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

Our SQA team is making the final test before release. JA Voice for j1.6 will be planned to come out next month (May)

Thanks.

mdiscenzo Friend

Which May are you referring to?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

I am really sorry that we could not meet the deadline for this project 🙁 There are some reasons to make this fail. Resources limits and many new features integrated in J1.6 version are the main reasons.

We intend to use J1.6 release as standard version for development in future so that it takes more time than we plan. For now, our Test team is working hard on this and i hope that it will be released very soon.

Highly appreciate your great patience.

Thanks.

mdiscenzo Friend

Copying the exact same response from 11 days ago (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-voice-for-joomla-1-6/) is somewhat poor customer service in my opinion.

I realize it may be difficult to get updates, however, Joomla 1.6 was in Beta last year (over 6 months ago) and version 1.7 is less than 3 weeks away from launching.

Likewise, I also realize that there were a lot of changes from 1.5x to 1.6.x. However, I would have thought a company such as JoomlaArt, which charges a moderate rate for access to licensed software FOR Joomla, would have foreseen this, and would have augmented staff and development efforts to match the predictable needs of the community.

Working for a software company myself, I can assure you it is practices like these that quickly lead to customer attrition. Saying “Customer First” is one thing, actually executing that strategy is entirely another. And “Resource limits” is not an acceptable response.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mdiscenzo 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum