Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m using tab module in user9 position. The modules in different tabs have different heights. When I navigate between modules the bottom of the modules stays on the same level but it moves upward. It doesn’t look nice because the opposite of this happens in all other positions. But what is more important is if the module height is longer than the height of user9, you can’t see the top part of the module. It goes beneath the main menu. How can I change this, so that user9 position acts like other positions, moves down and pushes the main area if needed?

Btw, I don’t know whether it has anything to do with this issue but I took user1,user2 and user9 modules to the right side as described in this forum, if it changes anything…

Another questions is about the grey background. There is no grey background for user1, user2 and right modules. How can I set it or alternatively how can I remove it from the rest of the template?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Serkan

serkany Friend

Hi,

I managed to solve my previous problem bu changing some values in template_css.css like this:

#ja-topstory div.moduletable {
    position: absolute;
    top: 5px;
    left: 5px;

I think it was fixed to bottom, left before.

But I couldn’t manage to limit user9 on top of main area so that user1 will be on the same level with user9. (I want three columns start on the same level,just under the main menu. So user9 area should behave exactly like main content area) Any idea about how to do that?

And one last question: After taking user1, user2 and right module positions to the right side, main content and user9 first occur in their original position (in the rightmost) and then moves towards left to let user 1 occur on the right. Is it possible to correct this and make the main content occur on the right place from the beginning?

Thanks in advance,
    Serkan

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi Serkan,

Please check your PM! 😉

jackdow Friend

<em>@Hieu Nguyen 7701 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Serkan,

Please check your PM! ;)</blockquote>

I don’t get your ref to PM (newbie) and am somebody else trying to make user 9 higher (downwards) so that I can install a slide show module. Is there an answer .. my css is already in the absolute position referred to above… JA Polaris is a super module and I just wish I could understand more about moving modules around in it (and Joomla I suppose) Is there a good ‘tutorial’ or FAQ for dummies on this somewhere??:confused:

ShannonN Friend

jackdow;9852I don’t get your ref to PM (newbie) and am somebody else trying to make user 9 higher (downwards) so that I can install a slide show module. Is there an answer .. my css is already in the absolute position referred to above… JA Polaris is a super module and I just wish I could understand more about moving modules around in it (and Joomla I suppose) Is there a good ‘tutorial’ or FAQ for dummies on this somewhere??:confused:

Hi Jack
    PM means Private Message, our forum has a user area where we can send text messages to other user within the forum

I have placed links to some extremely good tutorials on the general section of the forum, play with those and you’ll be moving modules, adding components in no time

As for the user 9 problem I don’t have that template installed to a live site leave it with me for aday or so and if no one else has resonded I’ll get back to you OK?
    Cheers ShannonN

Michael Casha Friend
    jackdow Friend

many thanks shannon. i will check out the tutorials and await help on the specific problem.

jackdow Friend

Hi ShannonN
    I’ve done my best on the tutorials and learned a lot, but haven’t found the solution to my problem (although it may be there somewhere I admit!). At the moment I have a fudge workaround by putting FPSS in user 6… Have a look at http://www.cafeannalisa.org.uk… obviously I want it in either in user 9 (expanded downwards or in main body if that is possible… thanks

jackdow Friend

<em>@jackdow 10454 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ShannonN
    I’ve done my best on the tutorials and learned a lot, but haven’t found the solution to my problem (although it may be there somewhere I admit!). At the moment I have a fudge workaround by putting FPSS in user 6… Have a look at http://www.cafeannalisa.org.uk… obviously I want it in either in user 9 (expanded downwards or in main body if that is possible… thanks</blockquote>

HI all
    I’m still living with my fudge…and wonder if anyone can give me specific instructions as to how to achieve exactly this effect correctly…. How are other Polaris users managing to use FPSS??

ShannonN Friend

jackdow;14822HI all
    I’m still living with my fudge…and wonder if anyone can give me specific instructions as to how to achieve exactly this effect correctly…. How are other Polaris users managing to use FPSS??

HI Jack
    sorry I missed your posts and I have been busy with life on the outside 🙂

I’ll have a look later today and try to assist you as much as i can I have to install the template etc to play around
    thanks for your patience we’ll have you up and running soon I’m sure

Cheers ShannonN

jackdow Friend

thanks much ShannonN!.. and don’t apologise .. we all need a life on the outside!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jackdow 16 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum