Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

This article’s image doesn’t display in JA News featured. The image URL contains %20 spaces which Teline II is entirely happy with, but not JA Teline IV modules.

http://217.199.187.59/tecsa.com/joomla2/index.php/en/technology/technology/solar/16874-fraunhofer-solar-researchers-are-awarded-the-coveted-zayed-future-energy-prize-2014

Can such images be made to display in the Teline IV modules?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Please have a look at the url of image on your site: http://217.199.187.59/tecsa.com/joomla2/images/j2xml/pi04_ISE_Zayed%20Futrue%20Energy%20Prize%202014_engl_m.1390385067615.jpg

I see it has space( %20 ) on url of the image. Please change the image path from (%20) to (_). Then, the problem with images in JA NewsFeatured & JA News Pro module should be solved.

timtecsa Friend

This is not the answer I was hoping for. If I happen to notice that an image has in its URL I do indeed edit as suggested. However the problem I have occurs when importing a block of, say, 500 articles from my Joomla 1.5 + Teline II site where in image URLs is entirely valid and does not cause any problem. I use J2XML to do the imports. If the article is not featured or does not appear at the top level of the JA News Pro module, it doesn’t matter as the image still appears in the article. Hence I assume Joomla 3 behaves like Joomla 1.5 but JA modules do not behave like Teline II modules when is contained in image URLs.

IMO you need to fix this deficiency in all Teline IV related modules, unless there is another workaround which does not require article by article manual intervention.

UPDATE: Helios at [FONT=&quot]eshiol.it[/FONT] (j2XML) has today added a feature to his J2XML Set Images plugin that strips spaces and replaces them by _ (underline). This solves my problem when importing new articles with such images and, because it also works when posting articles with images our editors can continue to include image URLs that contain spaces (remote or local). If remote, the images are also automatically uploaded.

The Fraunhofer article now appears in JA News Featured complete with image after I re-imported the article.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I see the problem with 500 articles. Actually, the space (%20) in image path prevents our JA News Featured module to load image properly. The (img path) causes confusion between (img_path) or (imgpath). Thus, it would be best for the image path to exclude space.

timtecsa Friend

Thanks for the explanation. I find that image URLs with %20 spaces is a fairly common problem, and usually not spotted by our editors 🙁

Ninja Lead Moderator

That’s right. Many such spaces are found in your articles.

timtecsa Friend

It’s a problem because the articles with such images were originally published on our Joomla 1.5 Teline II site which is insensitive to such “naughty” URLs. Maybe Teline IV should also be made insensitive to aid migration from Teline II?

However, the immediate solution is to import Teline II site articles using J2XML Importer and J2XML Set Images plugins which now include an option to auto convert %20 to _ in image URLs when saving an article and/or importing.

http://www.eshiol.it/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  timtecsa 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum