Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Your T3 system can’t be matched. Yet I’m sometimes puzzled why the stock modules that come with it are outdated. I often have to turn to third-party login modules because they offer advanced styling and control options. One simple need is to enable registrations for the site, but disable them at the module level. This is because we are forcing all registrations through a sophisticated membership subscription component. We need to harvest customized, detailed information and payment as part of becoming a site member. I’d prefer to use your login because it’s built to work with your templates. But it doesn’t have a control panel click to hide registration. Such an option can now be found on all commercial login extensions. Which is great. Yet to make them work within a JA template I have to spend time customizing the site CSS and sometimes even the module CSS. Please look at the newer login components and add this option. I’ve looked at the module Php with an eye to removing the appropriate code. Can you tell which lines I need to delete? Or better yet, post the Php code in the forum.
    Thanks,
    -Jim G.

gribblej Friend

FYI, it’s relatively easy to do in the default.php file for the module. Starting at about line 75, just delete:

<a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php?option=com_users&view=registration’); ?>”>
    <?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’); ?></a>

Not so bad, you are saying. Yet there are many JA customers who wouldn’t even know how to open the public.html folder on their server. And would have no idea how to find the php file I am referencing here. Let’s get on board the ease-of-use bandwagon now sweeping out industry.
    Cheers,
    -Jim G.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your reporting, I have created issue in our issue tracker system and send to development team.
    We will add this issue for the upcoming version of JA Login Module.
    You can check status of this issue at
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECMODJALOGINJVI-49

gribblej Friend

Thanks for attending to this! I see that JA is starting to include more third-party components. I think the best login module out there is Ajax Improved Login and Register. If Joomlart could add it or something like it as a stock module would really add tremendous value.

aryentain99 Friend

<em>@gribblej 408877 wrote:</em><blockquote>FYI, it’s relatively easy to do in the default.php file for the module. Starting at about line 75, just delete:

<a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(‘index.php?option=com_users&view=registration’); ?>”>
    <?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’); ?></a>

Not so bad, you are saying. Yet there are many JA customers who wouldn’t even know how to open the public.html folder on their server. And would have no idea how to find the php file I am referencing here. Let’s get on board the ease-of-use bandwagon now sweeping out industry.
    Cheers,
    -Jim G.</blockquote>

and is it possible instead of displaying the registration form popup, link directly to the actual registration page?

Ninja Lead Moderator

@aryentain99: Can you give me the URL of your site and screenshot with what you are trying to do? I will help you to check it further

aryentain99 Friend

Sure: http://www.arquespalacio.com.ar/saracatu/
    I would like to link this:

to the actual registration page instead of displaying the registration form popup.

1. createaccount
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You can change the link point to the actual registration page with this change

Open templates/ja_mitius/html/mod_jalogin/default.php file

Change

<?php if(JComponentHelper::getParams('com_users')->get('allowUserRegistration') != 0): ?>
    <a class="register-switch" href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_users&task=registration");?>" onclick="showBox('ja-user-register','namemsg',this, window.event || event);return false;" >
    <span><?php echo JText::_('JAREGISTER');?></span>
    </a>
    <?php endif ?>

To

<?php if(JComponentHelper::getParams('com_users')->get('allowUserRegistration') != 0): ?>
    <a class="register-switch" href="like_to_the_actual_registration_page" >
    <span><?php echo JText::_('JAREGISTER');?></span>
    </a>
    <?php endif ?>

aryentain99 Friend

Many thanks Ninja Lead, that worked, i didn’t imagine it was so easy :-[

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aryentain99 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum