Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I’m currently working on this template to make this more accessible according to the guidelines.
    One of the things is to add the "skip navigation" links.
    Instead of adding the "skip to main content" code in the body of every page. Is there a way we can add to the template so the user has an option to skip all the navigation links and go to the main content?

Thanks for your help!
    Emily

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you want to hide the main navigation you can use the page class from menu options.
    For example:

page class: hidemenu

code for custom.css would be:

.hidemenu .t3-mainnav {display:none;}

Regards

osseo Friend

Hi Pankaj, Somehow I missed your reply…. sorry! I have a question about what you recommend above, does this hides the menu by default for every page?

I want to make sure I provide a "visible" link, maybe called "Skip Menu" on top of every page and when a user clicks on it, it will skip the main menu to the main content below. But by default, the main menu should be visible unless someone chooses to skip it. Does that make sense?

Please see example here: http://www.wisc.edu/
    Notices the first link on the upper left corner labeled "Skip to main content" will skip all the menus and bring to the content below. In their case, they the link hidden and only visible when user use tab key which is ideal for screen readers or people use keyboard navigation for accessibility features.

Thanks again for your help! Emily

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  osseo. Reason: providing examples
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Sorry, there is no option for skip menu, if you want t to hide the menu you can do this using above code.
    And if you want to hide a single menu item you can do this from menu item options.

Regards

osseo Friend

Hi Pankaj,

I don’t want to hide the menu. All I need to do is to add a link somewhere on top before the main menu. For example, if I add a link next to the social media icons called "skip to main content", then when someone clicks on the link it will bring them to the content below (skipping all the menus). I know I can use the JA content anchor, #t3-content. But what should the link be so it will target all the content anchor on each page?
    Such as: http://district279.org/about-us/district-profile#t3-content

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    t3-main body is used for all page content.
    You can use it to redirect the menu to main body.

http://district279.org/about-us/district-profile#t3-mainbody

Regards

osseo Friend

Ok, so I can just use #t3-mainbody? or #t3-content?
    Can I just use

<a href="t3-content">Skip to conent

And where do you suggest I place the link so it will show up on the beginning of every page?
    In the "header" or somewhere else on the template?

Thanks again!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Use t3 main body as i shown in example url.
    For the position of your link it depends on your needs. You can check the position present in template from template layout options and published the module.
    If you want to Create a new module position, here is documentation helps you.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum