Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I thought I have installed all of Teline IV for Joomla 1.6. I have created a brand new site with only Joomla startup data in it. I then upgraded it to 1.6 and it is working perfectly, not counting the template. When I make Teline IV the default template, I get this message when I attempt to “view site”:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate abstract class JDatabaseQuery in /home/skipcon2/archetypeinaction.com/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/joomla/modulehelper.php on line 292

I attempted to reinstall the jat3 plugin, and that seemed to work fine, but the problem persists.

I have created a super administrator account for you with the above information. Please see what you can do to make this template operate properly on the site.

Best regards, Skip Conover
    skip.conover@gmail.com

himangi Friend

Hi,

Can you please check the admin details, I am getting error “Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.”

dlconover Friend

The user ID is working correctly based on the data I provided securely.

logon screen: http://www.archetypeinaction.com/administrator/index.php

UserID: joomlart
    Note: this is all lower case

PW: As originally submitted to you. If you do not have it for some reason, please call me or text me through Skype . My Skype ID: donaldlconover
    in the above ID, the middle initial is a lower case “L” . You can also e-mail me at skip.conover@gmail.com

I’m pleased to see we are in communication. Please give me a sense of when you can address this. I realize you are in Pune. 😉

Best regards, Skip

himangi Friend

Hello Skip,

I have installed latest version of JA Teline IV on your site and have made changes as suggested on http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/upgrade-to-joomla1-7-problem/

Please remember that this change is not yet released in the JAT3 plugin so if you upgrade your current version now, this change will be lost causing to display the same error..

dlconover Friend

:DMany thanks for your help! What is unclear to me is what you did about all of the other plugins and modules that come with Teline IV. When I attempted to install myself, there were a total of 14 items that had to be installed. Subsequently, I deleted all of the items in the teline_iv directory, and you have now reinstalled–FOR WHICH I AM VERY GRATEFUL. Have all of the other items from the installation pack also been installed, or do I need to go back and reinstall them?

Best regards, Skip Conover

himangi Friend

Hi Skip,

If you deleted all the moduel and plugin files when you deleted the template files then yes you will have to reinstall all those one by one.. I have only installed the template.

dlconover Friend

OK. Noted! Many thanks again!:D

dlconover Friend

I’ve had another problem. Once I created one of my own articles, the readmore is not working. You will see the one article I uploaded (but this is also happening on the Joomla stock articles), and when you press readmore on my article, here is what you get:

Not Found
    The requested URL /29-focus-issues/abuse-of-women-and-children/46-calling-on-all-women-to-rebel was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What do I do about this?

himangi Friend

Hi,

this seems a htaccess issue to me. Currently I have turned on the SEF option only and the urls work fine. Normally renaming htaccess.txt should work properly but I think from host to host you may have to make few more changes in it.. Can you please consult with your host regarding this. Also post the question on Joomla forums.

dlconover Friend

Yes, fixing the .htaccess seems to have been the solution to this probably. I had started another Joomla site about 6 months ago, and learned about renaming the .htaccess, but I didn’t remember exactly what to rename it. This was apparently my error, as I did not delete the .txt with the htaccess that came with my Joomla. Thanks for your help here. I am closing this thread, though I have a new one on the forum about the functionality of the JA Newspro Module.:)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dlconover 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum