Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I cannot manage to update JA Fixel from the version 1.1.3 to 1.1.4.
    I followed mainly “JA Extension Manager – Video tutorial”, but always appears the message “500 – Internal Server Error”.

– MySQL 5.6.19
    – PHP 5
    – JA Extension Manager 2.6.0
    – Windows 7

More over, I will be happy if you have any idea how to solve the deformation of social link images.
    Please see the attached file.

I hope you can help me.
    Thank you

ichiro

pavit Moderator

Hi

I fixed it , i updated ja social feed plugin and as you can see it is working now

nagata Friend

Thank you very much.
    I am sorry, maybe the explanation was not clear enough.
    My main issue is that there is no way to update the template “JA Fixel” from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4.
    Please see the attached image.

The second issue is an disfigured image of two social icons, but it is not so important as the update of the template.

I would appreciate if you could help.
    Thank you.

ichiro

nagata Friend

Thank you very much.
    I am sorry, maybe the explanation was not clear enough.
    My main issue is that there is no way to update the template “JA Fixel” from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4.
    Please see the attached image.

The second issue is an disfigured image of two social icons, but it is not so important as the update of the template.

I would appreciate if you could help.
    Thank you.

ichiro

pavit Moderator

Hi

This is a permission issue on your folders , here the error received

ask your hosting provider to set correct permissions to your user

pavit Moderator

Hi

This is a permission issue on your folders , here the error received

ask your hosting provider to set correct permissions to your user

nagata Friend

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I asked to my German provider “DomainFactory” and we tried together to solve this issue, but no solution yet.
    The screenshot which you sent me and “set correct permission to the user” seem not clear enough for provider to find the cause. A support staff of my provider says that the superuser has right to change anything.
    For me it is important to figure out where, which side, who, Me or German provider, or JoomlArt shall search the cause.

So, I would like to ask you again.
    Because for example, I could update the other extensions of JoomlArt with “JA Extension Manager” without problem.
    “500 – Internal Server Error” appeared only at the update of your template “Fixel”.
    Don’t you think it is not funny? Am I the only one who has a problem to update this template?
    Is there any other method to update the template other than using “JA Extension Manager”?

Best regard

ichiro

nagata Friend

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I asked to my German provider “DomainFactory” and we tried together to solve this issue, but no solution yet.
    The screenshot which you sent me and “set correct permission to the user” seem not clear enough for provider to find the cause. A support staff of my provider says that the superuser has right to change anything.
    For me it is important to figure out where, which side, who, Me or German provider, or JoomlArt shall search the cause.

So, I would like to ask you again.
    Because for example, I could update the other extensions of JoomlArt with “JA Extension Manager” without problem.
    “500 – Internal Server Error” appeared only at the update of your template “Fixel”.
    Don’t you think it is not funny? Am I the only one who has a problem to update this template?
    Is there any other method to update the template other than using “JA Extension Manager”?

Best regard

ichiro

pavit Moderator

Hi

I just tested and replicated your configuration on my localhost and template update worked fine without any error ,it is very hard to analyze what is causing this on Ja Fixel template only, because i uploaded and installed ja-rent on your website and it also worked fine , so it is not Ja Fixel template bug but it is some configuration on your server blocking a specific file update , i suggest to take a look at the 2 template version compare file and look at the specific files with your hosting provider customer support to understand what is blocking this update.

Take a look at the comparison table HERE

pavit Moderator

Hi

I just tested and replicated your configuration on my localhost and template update worked fine without any error ,it is very hard to analyze what is causing this on Ja Fixel template only, because i uploaded and installed ja-rent on your website and it also worked fine , so it is not Ja Fixel template bug but it is some configuration on your server blocking a specific file update , i suggest to take a look at the 2 template version compare file and look at the specific files with your hosting provider customer support to understand what is blocking this update.

Take a look at the comparison table HERE

nagata Friend

Hi,

I talked with a few support stuff of my provider, but unfortunately we could not solve the problem.

I give up.

It is only a minor update.
    However, I don’t understand why we cannot update the templates of JoomlArt by using standard Joomla update-method.

Best regards,

ichiro

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum