Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I want to copy my basic page template from the first page I created to 7 or 8 other pages. I am using the import feature in Page Builder. When I import, the only thing I really care about is the header and footer. Seems like this would be a pretty simple function, but it’s not working.

When I do the import, all of the page content imports, but no header or footer.

Am I missing something? I think it would be standard and easy once you have created a basic page template to duplicate this page template and only have to add body content, etc.

This kind of makes the builder opposite of the convenience of a CMS. If you have to create a header, footer, and other common page templates for every page, it’s a much slower process.

Thanks,
    Bill

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Bill,

Normally, the Header & Footer are using in all pages on your site so when import / export pages, we provide option to include these 2 blocks or not. If you select to export, the new page will have content + header & footer also and it will override other pages if those pages use the same template style.

In case that you use different header/footer for the new page, you should not export header/footer blocks.

billrust Friend

Hello, yes, I understand how it should work, what I am saying is it is not working as you describe.

Here is the original page – https://dinntecous.com/ultimate-lightning-protection-systems

I exported this page, including header/footer. Then I added a new page and imported the .txt file. Upon import I selected to include header/footer, here is that page –

This is the new page – https://dinntecous.com/lightning-protection

Note that it has the OLD header/footer, no the page builder version.

Bill

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    billrust Friend

I think I figured it out. The problem I think was I did not have the module assigned to the new pages. Once I went into the Joomla Modules section and added the menu to these pages it started working as expected.

Thanks,
    Bill

Saguaros Moderator

Glad to hear that you figured it out!

Cheers!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum