Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody. Few weeks ago I decided to try JA Comment component on my site (for now localhost). Previus I used JoomlaComments (very very good).

In my opinion there is a lot of functions which should be possible to enable/disable, but there is no possibility to do it.

1. enable/disable “Comment as a guest or login” line. In backend there is no option to decide: comments only for registerd or only for guest, so unfortunately I must have comments for both type of users 🙁 Why? In my opinien this should be a basic function.

2. after disable voting, there is still voting image nearby comments (grey and deactivated, but still is), the same situation with the number of votes

3.how to disable the field with email? I cannot find this function. I dont need it for my users!

4. Why I cannot disable “reply” and “quote” buttons? I also dont need them.

5. Format of date… I hate “tree weeks ago” format. Is there possibility to turn on “normal” format? I found on this forum solution to hack the code, but I think that it should be in backend.

6. Sorting! How to disable it?

7. Why “add comment” links to the article (like read more) and not to the MYURL/#comments or something like that?

I will be thankful for some advices or answers. Best regards for all JA stuff nad users.

kyovev Friend

I need enable/disable options too. I can’t beleave that this is not developed.

nghiatd Friend

Hello,
    1. enable/disable “Comment as a guest or login” line. In backend there is no option to decide: comments only for registerd or only for guest, so unfortunately I must have comments for both type of users 🙁 Why? In my opinien this should be a basic function.
    -> please login as admin then access this link: administrator/index.php?option=com_jacomment&view=configs&group=permissions
    or click on settings/Permissions find config you can set the config: “View comments, Post comments”

2. after disable voting, there is still voting image nearby comments (grey and deactivated, but still is), the same situation with the number of votes
    -> voting image will still showed although you disable it.
    But you can use override template to make it please read this guide: http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Comment/How-to

3.how to disable the field with email? I cannot find this function. I dont need it for my users!
    -> Please login as admin then find the field: “Notify author on new post ” then turn off it. The system will not send mail to user.

4. Why I cannot disable “reply” and “quote” buttons? I also dont need them.
    -> You can use override template to make it.

5. Format of date… I hate “tree weeks ago” format. Is there possibility to turn on “normal” format? I found on your forum solution to hack the code, but I think that it should be in backend.
    -> Please turn off the config “Enable timestamps ” in administrator/index.php?option=com_jacomment&view=configs&group=layout

6. Sorting! How to disable it?
    -> Please turn off the config “Sorting options” in administrator/index.php?option=com_jacomment&view=configs&group=layout

7. Why “add comment” links to the article (like read more) and not to the MYURL/#comments or something like that?
    -> You can edit file componentscom_jacommentthemesdefaulthtmlcommentsgetbutton.php
    find the code <?php echo $links; ?> and edit to <?php echo $links.”#ja-contentwrap”; ?>
    We raised new bug in jacomment, we will release with this bug fixed in next version
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JACOMMENT-291

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nghiatd 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum