Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

the three levels of hosting that you get to appear – do you do that by using the random image module, triplicated and then alloted to the user areas or do you do it another way?

Great template

Regards
    Todd

Khanh Le Moderator

3 modules spotlight load modules in 3 positions: user1, user2 and top. We also introduce how we make those modules in the user-guide document.

andretti Friend

They are just images pasted into modules user1, user2 and top according the instructions on the one page manual.

Since there is some text to paste I’m afraid you are going to have to read that page.

Kind regards,

a

augustynr Friend

I am afraid the doc is not clear on what module type to use and where to get them.
    Another question is how do you generate transparent png files from the psd?
    Thanks

stelatham Friend

I am in the same boat trying to work the spotlight bit out, you say they are just images pasted into modules user1, user2 and top according to the instructions on the one page manual — Do you have to create 3 modules with the names user1, user2 and top and then insert the code into the content of each module? I have tried that with no luck — what does happen is the main body overflows over the footer therefore i have to not use the positions user1, user2 or top.

Thanks

augustynr Friend

Stelatham,
    I think I have it working, get your png created.
    Then create 3 standard new modules using Modules->Site Modules-> new
    Then past the code into them.
    Works for me.

stelatham Friend

Did you get it working by using these instructions: –

———————–
    Spotlight Modules

To set up 3 eye-catching modules with transparent images compatible with all browsers (including IE6 – The PNG Destroyer) in spotlight area, you have to put this into your modules’ content

<script type=”text/javascript”>
    od_displayImage(‘your-image-ID’, ‘full-path-to-your-image-(without-the-dot-png-extension)’, width, height, ”, ”);
    </script>

while your-image-ID is your image’s ID, width and height is your image’s width and height in pixel.

Here’s an example

<script type=”text/javascript”>
    od_displayImage(‘plain_right’, ‘http://www.joomlart.com/template/ja_villadi/images/stories/demo/plain_right’, 200, 114, ”, ”);
    </script>

Then place the modules into top, user1 and user2. You’ll have three modules on the spotlight, using PNG 24bit transparent image and it will blend well with the black and glossy background.
    —————————
    or did you simply create a link to a picture in the module content?

Thanks

carlosmx Friend

I already did what the instructions said, step by step, and indeed accomplished the desired spotlight effect, with the images, but my problem is how to link to the content article.
    As I’m new to Joomla and also to the customization of the joomlart templates, could you explain in detail how to link each module to the desired content article. please.
    Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  carlosmx 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum