Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I am running ja fagus 1.5.

I want to have images rotate within the newsflash articles. More specifically, I want to also replace the newsflash article titles (New Features, Professional Design, Beautiful Art Style etc.) with my own text pngs. Unfortunately, whenever I insert an image into the article, it does not show up in newsflash, no matter where I place it.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Go to Extensions > Module Manager > Newsflash

On the right side, you will see the Module Parameters area, and a list of things you can tweak.

Tick the button for Show Images = yes, and you should be good to go!

Have fun!
    John.

zdmdesignz Friend

Than you for the quick reply. I am am a bit frustrated and confused though. Perhaps you can help me out.

I changed the parameter in “newsflash” as you suggested, and the image shows up…BUT…it does not show up in “ja newsflash,” a seperate module that does not have that parameter.

1. Why the two newsflash modules in the ja fagus quickstart? What’s the difference between the two?
    2. Do I run them both at once, or choose one instead of the other?

“Newsflash” has the image option but doesn’t animate and “slide” my content. “Ja newsflash” has no image option but does animate.

3. How can I combine the animaion effect of “ja newsflash” with the image capabilities of “newsflash”?

Thanks.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Can you pass along a URL so I can see your issue.
    Much easier to diagnose.

Thanks,
    john.

zdmdesignz Friend

I am new to Joomla (this being my first site). I apologize, I am only local at this point (xampp). I can give you my zipped newsflash modules. Will that help?

1. newsflash_mods.zip
    Saguaros Moderator

Hello zdmdesignz!

the module support template of articles in the list which will display in content of the module.
    it put into ‘template’ parameter.
    this is full format of template :

[PHP]
    <div style=”overflow:hidden; height:323px;” >
    <div class=”nfimages”>##IMAGE##</div>
    <div class=”nftitle”>##TITLE##</div>
    <div class=”nfcontent”>##CONTENT##</div>
    <div class=”nfcreadmore”>##READMORE##</div>
    </div>
    [/PHP]

meaning of some constant of the template.

##IMAGE## >> to display image
    ##TITLE## >>> to display title
    ##CONTENT## >>> to display description.
    ##READMORE## >> to display link to article.

you can modify mockup of this template.

zdmdesignz Friend

Awsome! Thank you!

Saguaros Moderator

you edit this template in the setting of ja newsflash. you go to administrator, go to manager modules and choose ja newflash.

to do something same as your first post,
    it’s difficult if you have not a little knowledge of css and html
    now, you update this block into ‘template’ parameter.
    [PHP]
    <div style=”overflow:hidden; margin-bottom:5px; “>
    <h3>##IMAGE##</h3>
    <div class=”nfcontent”>##CONTENT##</div>
    <div class=”nfreadmore”>##READMORE##</div>
    </div>
    [/PHP]

ah, i need known which images you will put below description in the item?

zdmdesignz Friend

Everything seems to be working great. Thanks again.

zdmdesignz Friend

Well everything seemed to be working great until recently.

My images are not showing up in newsflash, except for the image that is in the article that initially loads with the page, whatever that article may be. As soon as the scroll kicks in, the next article is either missing the image all-together or it has the broken image x box.

I copied the image url from one of the x boxes: http://www.zdmdesignz.com/index.php/images/stories/professional.png

Notice that upon scroll, the index.php is added to the url. This is screwing up the image path. The true path is http://www.zdmdesignz.com/images/stories/professional.png

Can someone PLEASE help me. You have been great so far. But the site looks horrible now.:eek:

zdmdesignz Friend

After much annoyance and frustration with the tweaking, uninstalling and installing of the JA Newsflash 1.0 module, I decided in desperation, to search through other joomlart templates in order to see if a newer version of JA Newsflash was available. I found version 1.02 in the Kulanite template.

It would have been nice if this solution or option would have been suggested earlier after all my problems and questions with newsflash… but oh well.

I highly recommend that anyone who is having issues with JA Newsflash should download the Kulanite template here and use the JA Newsflash version 1.02 included. Version 1.02 instantly fixed all my bugs and problems from version 1.0 and also added some very nice features in terms of scrolling and article order.

Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zdmdesignz 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum