Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi there!

I’m facing the following problem once I try to publish a new article:

imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open ‘/images/resized/images/stories/DSC09980_330_228.jpg’ for writing: Permission denied in /modules/mod_janewspro/helpers/jaimage.php on line 308

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open ‘/images/resized/images/stories/DSC09980_60_60.jpg’ for writing: Permission denied in /modules/mod_janewspro/helpers/jaimage.php on line 308

PHP Version 5.2.17
    Web Server Apache
    Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.19 Stable [ Ember ] 6-March-2014 14:30 GMT
    Template JA TelineIV 2.5.1
    “stories” folder permission: 755 owner/group: nitrmodelismo/nitromodelismo

Any tip about how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Ciro.

chavan Friend

go to your cpanel or ftp and provide permission 777 to all inner folders of images.

ciroalves Friend

Thanks Chavan!
    It worked, but isin’t it dangerous in security point of view?
    I mean, using 777?
    Isn’t it supposed the script be able to write to the directory as it belong to the same directory owner?

Thanks,
    Ciro.

chavan Friend

It is just images folder, It won’t be a problem.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ciroalves 422923 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there!

I’m facing the following problem once I try to publish a new article:

imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open ‘/images/resized/images/stories/DSC09980_330_228.jpg’ for writing: Permission denied in /modules/mod_janewspro/helpers/jaimage.php on line 308

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open ‘/images/resized/images/stories/DSC09980_60_60.jpg’ for writing: Permission denied in /modules/mod_janewspro/helpers/jaimage.php on line 308

PHP Version 5.2.17
    Web Server Apache
    Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.19 Stable [ Ember ] 6-March-2014 14:30 GMT
    Template JA TelineIV 2.5.1
    “stories” folder permission: 755 owner/group: nitrmodelismo/nitromodelismo

Any tip about how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Ciro.</blockquote>

Hi Ciro,

The warning indicates that your directory protects the access… make sure that the non-root user can access those directories…. If you own the webserver account, just access your cpanel to change the file permission under the file manager there….

ciroalves Friend

Great!
    thank you once again!

Ciro.

ciroalves Friend

Hi folks,
    it partially solves the problem.
    I say partially because each time I create a new article, it creates a new directory under “images/resized/images/stories/” and this new directory is always created with 755, and then I have to access the ftp server to change its permissions 🙁

Any tip to solve it permanently? Modifying the script?

Thanks,
    Ciro.

Manos Moderator

You need to contact your host, this is more like a non properly configured server since 755 should be sufficient, make sure that your account is the owner of those files.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum