Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Am I the only one who has noticed that the image resizing does not work on the frontpage articles?
    Try installing the quickstart and then change the size of one of the images in one of the articles that are displayed on the frontpage… It will be changed on the frontpage…not resized…

Vida

toddmartin Friend

I have the same results on My site.

alicebb Friend

I wonder if you are you talking about the same problem that I have just discovered on one of our sites?

With the JA_Sulfur template images are being resized to a 140×105 thumbnail & are then being stretched to the size that we have specified in the editor e.g. 400×300 so that the quality is really poor. If I set another template as the default then the images are displayed correctly. The code where this size is set as 140×105 appears to be in templates/ja_sulfur/html/com_content/frontpage/default.php & doesn’t appear in other JA templates that I looked at.

Is this deliberate behaviour or a bug?

vidapura Friend

I’m afraid I havent used JA Sulphur.
    Think you would be best to put the question into the JA Sulphur forum though.
    You might have some chance of someone giving you a proper answer if you post it there.

HTH
    Vida

vidapura Friend

For Todd:

I put in a support request about this problem in JA Nickel …
    And I got the following reply:
    <blockquote>Current this template does not support your idea. But we will solve this issue and update to the latest version for downloading.

Please kindly always check our website for updating this issue.</blockquote>

So, I’m still waiting….

Vida

alicebb Friend

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. In fact I posted in this forum by mistake thinking that it was the JA_Sulfur forum. I have now found the correct forum & it seems that many (all?) newer JA templates are supposed to resize images on the front page. In my case it clearly looks awful blowing up a little thumbnail to 3x the size. The solution is to disable to whole com_content portion of the template by renaming or deleting the directory templates/ja_sulfur/html/com_content.

vidapura Friend

Hiya,
    Well yeah, some of the templates resize.. but I was really disappointed to see that JA Nickel, and a couple of others, don’t do it.. The reason I signed up for joomlart at all was that I really liked the functionality in JA Teline II.. it auto resizes images on frontpage AND on Blog views..
    I find that really handy beacuse a lot of the users of the websites I make are not very computer literate.. so they sometimes put really big images into articles and it breaks the frontpage or Blog view.. just a big image pushes the template out of whack…
    You know what I mean? Like if I’m adding articles myself then its OK cos I’ll keep the images to the exact size needed.. but ordinary users can’t be relied upon to do that.. so you end up having to keep checking the site and fixing things up..
    With teline II the site looks after itself most of the time… See http://www.gbsc.ie thats a club website I did and some club members add articles to it…

With Teline II it doesn’t matter what the user does in the individual article.. it won’t mess up the frontpage or blog..

So, I like that.. but was sad to see that Joomlart haven’t kept that idea going in the newer templates…

On the whole disabling the com_content idea.. I think it might be a bit drastic.. you know that you can have a read more section in an article?
    And you can (per article) specify that the read more should be shown or NOT be shown?
    You could then put a decent sized image in the read more part of the article.. and specify that it not be shown… and have your thumbnail in the main body of the article.. so when a user looks at the article they wouldn’t see the read more part …
    And your bigger picture (in the read more) is what will be shown on the front page in JA Sulphur..

Hope I’m being clear here.. if not then let me know..
    This might not be a right approach for you though.. kinda adds a bit more work to adding new articles..

Vida.

alicebb Friend

I recognise that template:-) http://www.amb-cotedazur.com

Juniamission Friend

What about this issue? It should work, it works for the demo site???
    So what Am I doing wrong?
    The only thing showing in the JA Bulletin is the headline and the date, but no image and no text…

SORRY! I Thought that the left position image and text presentation to the left of the Slide show was a Bulletin view…But it is a custom html module, sorry for the mistake…:-(
    I donĀ“t no why I thought it was a bulletin module…

Hayden A Friend

Dear Juniamission. ,

Pls provide me your site admin login details. I shall check the issue for you.

Juniamission Friend

<em>@anhhv 215666 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear Juniamission. ,

Pls provide me your site admin login details. I shall check the issue for you.</blockquote>

Thanks! for your attention in this matter. But it was me who did not read the instruction to the end.:-[ I can se that the Topinformation module was a custom module and not the JA bulletin module.
    Thank anyway…:-)

BTW I still have a issue in this forum thread…http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/padding-on-custom-module/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Juniamission 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum