Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve had a few hours pouring through these threads related to the quality of the pop-up image once an image has been imported into K2.

Many complain the quality of the pop-up vs the original or even the one in the article is poor – so why?

The key thing to note is…

The quality of the image is the same as that set in the K2 article item image setting

So, if you set the image to small, when the pop-up expands onto the page it will take K2’s ‘small’ image reference and the pop-up will expand it to fit the area.

For example…

Lets say you’ve used JA’s setting and set the small image to 240px

In the set-up for the category, you’ve set the image in the article to use the ‘small’ image

If you’ve set-up the front page like the demo site, clicking on the article image will result in JA’s pop-up plugin taking the ‘small’ image from K2’s image files i.e. 240px wide

and then enlarge to fit the ratio set in the template set-up, possibly resulting in a 240px wide image being blown up to 600px

The result a blurry picture.

Changing the image to be used in the article to Large or X-Large should resolve most template users image problem

Hope this helps someone 😉

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thanks for sharing with us.

miku Friend

“Changing the image to be used in the article to Large or X-Large should resolve most template users image problem”. Can you tell me where EXACTLY to do this? I tried everywhere but images are still BADDDDD.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@miku 411946 wrote:</em><blockquote>”Changing the image to be used in the article to Large or X-Large should resolve most template users image problem”. Can you tell me where EXACTLY to do this? I tried everywhere but images are still BADDDDD.</blockquote>

About the image in K2 item, it loads image with xsmall, small, medium, large, xlarge sizes and you can configure (size: from parameter button of K2) for that. Have you tried out this configuration?

If you seek for additional customisation, you should also raise this in the K2 component forum, you might get better answers there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum