Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    I´m having problems with an image issue in IE7. I´m using Joomla 1.5.6 with JA-teline II 1.4.
    When I insert an image in a category-description in JA-news, the image shows correctly in FF and in IE6, but in IE7 the image doesnt show at all! Yet the text wraps around where the image is supposed to be, and the image description shows when hovering over the place, but no image shows.
    Please take a look here: http://www.neurosurgic.com/
    – with IE6 or FF vs IE7, to see what I mean.

Is this a template bug? Any advise?

questbg Friend

Hi steenmf

I think this is a IE7 bug. I had a client last week complaining about a page on the site. Looked fine in Safari, Firefox and IE6, in IE7 all the text and pics were overlapping, horrible!

With much ‘messing around’ with the page, the only thing that fixed it was to apply a ‘caption’ style to the image but have not text in the actual ‘caption’ area!!

This may not work for you, but it worked for me on this occasion.

Seems IE is becoming the destroyer of webmasters 😀

Good Luck
    Chris

steenmf Friend

Hi questbg – and thanks for your answer!
    I´m using JCE editor. How will I go about to apply ‘caption style’ in that editor? Cannot see any ‘caption area’ – but then again I´m a novice to this 🙂

Could you please advice me further?

questbg Friend

Hi. I’m using Tiny MCE ad editor. On my screen it’s here:

Click on the image in your article, click on ‘Style’ and choose ‘Caption’ … as I say, it works for me!!

Good Luck
    Chri

steenmf Friend

Sorry for my late answer buddy! Just wanted to say that I tested your tip – and it works for me too. Many thanks for your help!

questbg Friend

<em>@steenmf 82956 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry for my late answer buddy! Just wanted to say that I tested your tip – and it works for me too. Many thanks for your help!</blockquote>

No worries, glad to help. Seems IE causes many problems, maybe I should ask Mr. Gates for a job in bug-testing!

😀

Chris

aduff Friend

Hi,

Just a quick note thanking you for your solution to this problem. I was getting VERY frustrated with the same issue.

Forums work!

aduff
    tas au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aduff 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum