Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

When I publish an article on Facebook (in Teline IV) , for that article is always used the same image, that is the image of the featured article that appears in the box Featured article of the menu of each category.

Normally is not used the image of the article.

How can I use only the image of the aricle ?

Marco

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Marco,

Do you mean that when you publish a new article, it still uses another image of featured article instead of image inside this new article?

It may due to cache of facebook, try to paste your site url into this link and press debug button: http://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

Then refresh your site again.

Regards

cimfema Friend

Hi Saguaros,

please apologise me for the late answer.

Now I can give a better explaination of the problem.

This is my site, I need to share to Facebook some articles in the category “Notizie” and “Cosa facciamo” (# 1)
    In the menĂ¹ I have activated in the third column the Ja Bulletin module. (# 2)
    Now I try to share an article (# 3)

This is the article.
    In each article we place an image, and the image of this article is at # 4
    Then i copy the URL of this article (# 5) for paste it in the Facebook page

I paste the URL in Facebook (# 6), then Facebook create the preview of the post, the article and its name is correct (# 7) but the image is not correct (# 8). Instead the image of the article (# 4) appear the image of the Ja Bulletin section (# 2).

I used the link that you give to me in the previous message, and in point # 9 is mentioned that there is a problem with the size of the proveded image, that should be at least 200px x 200px,

I think that in point # 10 appear the image provided, that is not the image of the article.
    If I choose the option “See exactly what our scraper sees for your URL” I can read the code that is passed from the site to Facebook, and effectively the first image that appear with the desired size is the image of the section Ja Bulletin.

I tried with all the articles, but appear ALWAYS the image of Ja Bulletin section.
    I have tried to deactivate the menu section where is Ja Bulletin, and all works fine, the image passed to Facebook is the image of the article.

Is there something that I have to set for solve this problem?
    Could you help me?

Kind regards

Marco

1. Img1
    2. Img2
    3. Img3
    4. Img4
    cimfema Friend

Any news about my question? đŸ™‚

Marco

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Marco,

Does that article belongs to category assigned to JA Bulletin module? Did you try to share another article that (its category) is not assigned to JA Bulletin module?

cimfema Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I tried to share an article tha is in a category that is not assigned to JA Bulletin module, and the problem is still present: the image shared is not the image of the article, but the image that is shown in JA Bulletin module.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi cimfema,

Could you pm me url , admin & ftp account of your site? I need a closer look to check this issue.

Regards

cimfema Friend

I done it.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi cimfema,

Could you send me url of article which problem can be seen? As I tried posting some articles from Notizie menu item but images from these articles show correctly in facebook.

See you around.

cimfema Friend

Hi Saguaros,

as I said in my mail I have installed a plugin as a “patch” for this problem.
    It is a plugin that change the code sent to Facebook, but I have to pay this plugin for have something that I had before the implementation of JA Bulletin in the menĂ¹…. >:(

Now I have disabled that plugin, so the problem still appear.

cimfema Friend
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cimfema 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum