Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Please check http://www.beerauthority.com. Firefox does not separate article text fom the image – there is no space between them even I did set it up in properties. IE6 and IE7 work fine. Any hint?
    Thank you,
    Emanuel

cjmicro Friend

Not sure which editor you are using, but most will allow you to assign some spacing to the image. So where you have the image click the little image icon then assign the spacing to the left, right, top, bottom (or equal around). Probably 5 px is enough.

I use JCE as my editor, and this has an easy to find way to do this. If you can’t find it let me know which editor you are using and we can see if we can help further. (optionally you can add a style to your image in the html of the area, img style=”padding:10px;” src=”xxx…. etc.)

Cheryl

emanuel JATC

Thank you for reply,
    I know about editors (using and love emacs). The point is that admin allows you to specify space between text and image. And as I said it doesn’t work with Forefox. So the admin properties setup doesn’t work and that is my posting about. If you have Firefox see what I mean
    Emanuel

marinaw Friend

this happens when you don´t add a caption to the image. it only happens in FF as far as I know.
    the only work around I found was to add an “empy caption” to those images. Just press the space bar once where you shoud enter the caption. I hope the explanation made sense and that it also works for you.

marina

emanuel JATC

Using admin->article manager – click on article – click on image, clisk on small image properties icon, specify in Appearance vertical -2 horizontal 10. Looks fine on preview, IE6, IE7 but Firefox does not give the space. The text starts right on the image border.

emanuel JATC

marinaw – you are great!!!! it fixed the problem .. there are still some small isssues but you did it!:D

marinaw Friend

i´m glad it worked 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marinaw 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum