Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I love the Cooper Business Template, however I have an annoying issue in regards to the display in IE8. There is a “gap” or “white space” just under the ja-slideshow mod position.

I’ve attached examples of the Joomlart’s demo page, and my build site’s page in both Firefox and IE8.

It looks like a simple fix, but I have been unable to fix it.

It’s driving me crrrrraaaaazzzzzyyyy! :p

Thanks!!

1. demo-example-01
    2. demo-example-02
    stbrides Friend

As a consolation – It does not look bad at all.
    If I did not know there should be no white line I would not think – what’s that dumb white line doing on that webpage.

The issue is – the template is not working properly with IE

I have a problem with the login and search modules going right over to the left.:((

folkbear Friend

just add <meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=EmulateIE7″/> in your template before the head-tag and all will be fine….

it’s not a real solution, just something temporary until the code for the template is completely rewritten to work with IE 8, but this temporary solution works for all JA-templates

jukeboxjunkey Friend

Good one folkbear… you nailed it.

MUCH better! 😀

Have I mentioned how much I dislike Microsoft lately?

folkbear Friend

LOL, I couldn’t agree more on that statement…
    Chrome is my number one choice at the moment.
    Firefox has more options, but Chrome is much faster

thanhlp Friend

<em>@folkbear 123359 wrote:</em><blockquote>just add <meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=EmulateIE7″/> in your template before the head-tag and all will be fine….

it’s not a real solution, just something temporary until the code for the template is completely rewritten to work with IE 8, but this temporary solution works for all JA-templates</blockquote>

I have problem with search box go over to left, is it also solve with your solution? and where I can find my template? Thanks.

folkbear Friend

as long as it is a IE 8 – css problem it should be solved with my solution

thanhlp Friend

<em>@folkbear 123412 wrote:</em><blockquote>as long as it is a IE 8 – css problem it should be solved with my solution</blockquote>
    Could you please more specific: which file? css or html or …? which line? Thanks

folkbear Friend

Well, by adding the line I mentioned before in your index.php of the template, just before the head-tag, you can’t go wrong.

just try it and see if that solves the problem.

go to your joomla backend – template manager
    select your template and click edit
    then, select edit html
    and select your index-file to edit
    in the index-file
    look for the <head>-tag
    and insert the line just before the head-tag
    click save en reload your homepage to see if the change has solved your problem

thanhlp Friend

<em>@folkbear 123513 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, by adding the line I mentioned before in your index.php of the template, just before the head-tag, you can’t go wrong.

just try it and see if that solves the problem.

go to your joomla backend – template manager
    select your template and click edit
    then, select edit html
    and select your index-file to edit
    in the index-file
    look for the <head>-tag
    and insert the line just before the head-tag
    click save en reload your homepage to see if the change has solved your problem</blockquote>

Thanks for your quick reply, I will try and report you later! 🙂

thanhlp Friend

<em>@thanhlp 123517 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your quick reply, I will try and report you later! :)</blockquote>

Oop, what a pity, I check with IE7 and 8, it not solve my problem, anyway, thanks for your support!

stbrides Friend

Hi thanhip
    The problem is IE is not a good browser – it never has been a good browser and for all Microsoft’s billions they do not seem to be able to put it right.
    If it weren’t bundled in with Windows it would hardly be used.

The line placed in the head section of the template

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"/>

This forces IE8 to operate like IE7
    If a user arrives at your site with their shiney new IE8, this line of code will make it behave like IE7.
    So if your site was OK in IE7 then it will be fine in IE8.

Also on Joomla.org there is at least one extension that does the same. There is a J 1.0 and J 1.5 version.

Not everything is sorted with this emulation trick I think.

I have sites using Joomlaworks simple image gallery pro – the transition between slide in the show is so flickery in IE8. And I have the plugins on board which makes the template work fine.
    SIG pro is fine in all the other browsers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  stbrides 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum