Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

The column in labeled special offers on the home page this column shifts to the left hand side of the page but only in internet explorer 8 and 9. It looks like the module is displaying 2 times. I cannot figure out how to get this to stop.

This may also have something to do with the recent update from version 1.3.1 to 1.4.0 of the plugin because i do not remember this happening before this.

http://67.43.0.200/~gmenctrs/

How do i fix this?

TomC Moderator

Perhaps THIS TUTORIAL may assist you

😎

jschroeder Friend

Thanks for the quick response. Can you tell what in my css is causing this to happen? Id prefer not to use that method if possible.

Josh

billyray Friend

Hello jschroder,

If your template is in development mode turn it off then take a look at it in IE. Make sure to compile any less to css if you need to.
    I had the same issue for IE

TomC Moderator

<em>@jschroeder 381128 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    This may also have something to do with the recent update from version 1.3.1 to 1.4.0 of the plugin because i do not remember this happening before this.
    </blockquote>

To which plugin are you referring?

billyray Friend

I was referring to the setting in the template, go to Templates>your template under “General Settings” turn off “Enable Development Mode” If you modified your template.css file you should also click the “Compile Less to CSS”

Hope that helps

Phill Moderator

<em>@billyray 381229 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was referring to the setting in the template, go to Templates>your template under “General Settings” turn off “Enable Development Mode” If you modified your template.css file you should also click the “Compile Less to CSS”

Hope that helps</blockquote> I would agree. I have encountered this too.

Here is the response from one of the JA devs regarding this issue.

<blockquote>1. Different width in IE8/9 to IE10/FF/Chrome etc
    On our T3v3 templates, we include the .less file technology of Twitter Bootstrap that the template will automatically compile .less to css files when you enable Development Mode in Template Manager. The compiling time often lasts 15-20s to finish while the browser needs the compiled css files immediately to display your website layout styles. That is why your wesbite got bad appearance on IE, FF.

The solution is turning off Development Mode when you finish the customization, so that your template will use compiled css files only. It will looks the same on browsers. Whenever your website is on development with .less file (templates/ja_mitius/less/), you can click Compile Less to Css button. Then every .less files will be compiled to corresponding css files.
    </blockquote>

jschroeder Friend

I appreciate all the answers unfortunately this is not the issue this time. I compiled the css and turned off development mode and it is still doing it. Any other ideas as to why this is happening in ie8 and 9 only?

thanks,

Josh

jschroeder Friend

I ended up figuring out the problem. I had a piece of code i had added to a module override as below

<div class=”allvideos”><a href=”gallery/gemtress-videos.html”>ALL VIDEOS ><a/> </div>

Instead the closing tag should have been </a>. I can’t believe this was causing all the issues in IE 8 and 9!

Phill Moderator

Excellent stuff. IE8/9 never did play well with dodgy code while other browsers tried their best to render despite the code problems. Missing closing tags are the most common problem we used to see with broken layouts in IE8/9. From modules being in the wrong places to text sizes growing to silly sizes it is all fun to see. But with improvements with the editor in Joomla these tags usually get fixed automatically so since J2.5 these problems have been less common.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum