Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I placed my own favicon icon in the base of the Helio template and it shows up fine in Firefox but when I use IE7 it just shows the IE icon and not mine. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

tempusserbia Friend

Have you tried to clean cache and cookies?

chucknb28409 Friend

Hi,

As a habit I clear the cache anytime I change the favicon icon. Just for grins I deleted everything in the Browser History again and still the same problem. My Favicon icon does not show up. For what its worth I created a 16×16 icon, IE7 doesn’t have a problem with this does it?

Thanks

tempusserbia Friend

Try this online service it’s very good for creating favicons, and it’s completly free:

http://www.htmlkit.com/services/favicon/

chucknb28409 Friend

Hi,

I had read somewhere that IE7 does not like the favicon to be a png it must be a true icon file and not renamed. So I went to the site suggested above and I go the same result. IE7 ignores my favicon icon and uses the IE icon. I also cleared the cache after changing the icon…

Thanks

mfcphil Friend

<em>@tempusserbia 56191 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try this online service it’s very good for creating favicons, and it’s completly free:

http://www.htmlkit.com/services/favicon/</blockquote>

Great shout tempusserbia ….I used this for my favicon making and as a guide on what to do to get it all working

mfcphil Friend

<em>@chucknb28409 56195 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I had read somewhere that IE7 does not like the favicon to be a png it must be a true icon file and not renamed. So I went to the site suggested above and I go the same result. IE7 ignores my favicon icon and uses the IE icon. I also cleared the cache after changing the icon…

Thanks</blockquote>

Did you put the favicon in all the correct folders?
    Go through your template files and replace any old favicon image also go through your image files.

As I remember I have at least two lots of favicon images I had to replace.

theprofessor Friend

I am having a similar issue.

I have replaced the favicon in both the templates folder and templates/jaopal folder. I can get the favicon to show in FF, but it remains the joomla favicon in IE.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve replaced the favicon in all files, cleaned cache, waited weeks…nothing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  theprofessor 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum