Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’m running I.E. 8 and getting the upgrade message – I would like to disable. It would be nice if we could toggle this on or off in the backend. Please forward where I need to comment out the message div for this template.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

i have discussed this issue with our developers, this function is included, now, pls turn off the warning as following:
    pls open the file pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaultblocksie6ie6warning.php

you remove all code in there

GOodluck

xyzb Friend

You mention included now…. where is it included?

thanks

aaronfarias Friend

The code for it is here pluginssystemjat3base-themesdefaultblocksie6ie6warning.php
    Just delete it and you wont have the message any more.

gray Friend

I renamed plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/ie6/ie6warning.php to ie6warning.php.bak and the warning disappeared.
    BUT I got all my main menu items listed under each over (not rendered horizontally as they should be) covered by the menu background color. For IE7 – all is OK.

I changed MegaMenu to DropLine Menu – again – submenus are listed under each other – not horizontally, but I can see them.

CSS Menu – the same as with MegaMenu.

DropLine menu – same with CSS.

Does it mean that site based on Anion could not be done to work with IE? By Analytics up to 10% visitor still use IE6 🙁

Tested with Adobe Browser Lab

gray Friend

I’ve did some tests with Adobe Browser Lab and IETester. Regardless of modules/plugins installed (even if only content and the menu is enabled) MegaMenu style doesn’t work in IE6 (look at the attachment).

Adobe Browser Lab makes only screenshots, no error reporting is possible. And IETester is difficult to run in error debuging mode without conflicts with other software, but I’ll continue trying to track errors….

1. ss-ie6
    Manos Moderator

Are you using a css or js compresion script ? This problem with IE warning apears when you are trying to compress the code

gray Friend

<em>@pascm 192730 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you using a css or js compresion script ? This problem with IE warning apears when you are trying to compress the code</blockquote>

The Development Mode is off, compression is also disabled.
    I managed to switched off the IE6 warning – by simple renaming plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/ie6/ie6warning.php

My concern is that IE6 users (up to 10% of visitors according to Google Analitics) would see a completely broken main menu. I’ve attached screenshots how it looks like from IE6. On the contrary – Teline III is completely compatible with 8 browsers, including the main menu. It means that the issue could be resolved. So, I’m looking for a solution – 10% is not a big number, but still is not so small to be ignored.

Manos Moderator

I am not sure that with mega menu you can manage to fix this in IE 6 perchaps you should switch on CSS menu.

gray Friend

<em>@pascm 192733 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am not sure that with mega menu you can manage to fix this in IE 6 perchaps you should switch on CSS menu.</blockquote>

It doesn’t work with ANY type of the menu. Still trying to track the error…

Manos Moderator

I think that this is JA Support issue

Laura Rubino Friend

Switch to css menu or if you are good disable javascript from running in the mega menu

gray Friend

<em>@gray 192706 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve did some tests with Adobe Browser Lab and IETester. Regardless of modules/plugins installed (even if only content and the menu is enabled) MegaMenu style doesn’t work in IE6 (look at the attachment).

Adobe Browser Lab makes only screenshots, no error reporting is possible. And IETester is difficult to run in error debuging mode without conflicts with other software, but I’ll continue trying to track errors….</blockquote>

What I found by now is that adding width:150px (for example) to #ja-cssmenu li style declared in plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/css/menu/css.css makes the width of all main menu equal to a value and this bug disappears. Still, it’s not a good solution as main menu items are different by length. Looking for a solution….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  gray 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum