Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

When loading the template to test it, I’ve noticed in IE6 at a screen resolution of 1024×768, that the left menu shifts to the bottom of the home page document. It is not affected in Firefox at the same resolution on the same system.

I’ve tested this on several machines.

At the same time, the first article “bleeds” left of the main text area into the left menu space. The article is mostly text, with some images which a no more than 440px wide and justified to the left margin or the article.

Perhaps any Q&A testing may not have looked at IE6 as a “compatible” browser? There are certain sites and applications that are not IE7 friendly. It would be nice to see templates released that are “widely” compatible.

Is there a fix for this at the template level?

srdotcom Friend

Same problem with me.
    refer http://srbit.com/content/view/172/44/
    in IE browser

Khanh Le Moderator

Open template css file (template_css.css), search following style:

#ja-pathwaywrap {
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    padding-left: 6px;
    float: left;
    display: block;
    clear: right;
    background: url(../images/pathwayleft-bg.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    }

Change it to:

#ja-pathwaywrap {
    clear: both;
    }

ivanreel Friend

Hi Khanh le
    The css code is difefrent for my ja_pullux. I have found the string you refer to and it has “clear both; already specified.

Also I am getting this error to my page now.
    Warning: Division by zero in /home/avocatec/public_html/joomla/templates/ja_pollux/index.php on line 40

if you can help that would be great. The ja_pollux has been working great but now I am getting many errors. I am registered user.

Thanks
    Ivan

Khanh Le Moderator

You should try to download the latest version of the template to fix that problem.

ivanreel Friend

Thought I had the latest version. Is there revision numbers to templates?
    Ivan

ebaart Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 11261 wrote:</em><blockquote>Open template css file (template_css.css), search following style:

#ja-pathwaywrap {
    clear: right;
    }

Change it to:

#ja-pathwaywrap {
    }

</blockquote>

Hi
    I’ve tried your “clear: both” solution but it did not change anything…
    I still have left and right positions in the bottom in IE6 with 1024X768
    Anyone with a solution please ?

maedhros Friend

In my style_css.css code i had the following:

#ja-pathwaywrap {
    }

however, in IE the problem persist. The left block go bottom.

Khanh Le Moderator

@ srdotcom: Please remove “clear: right;” line in style define for #ja-pathwaywrap in your template_css.css file.

ebaart Friend

But my problem still exists so I created a different topic for this at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/bug-or-me-being-an-idiot/

tourc Friend

<em>@grazman 10574 wrote:</em><blockquote>When loading the template to test it, I’ve noticed in IE6 at a screen resolution of 1024×768, that the left menu shifts to the bottom of the home page document. It is not affected in Firefox at the same resolution on the same system.

I’ve tested this on several machines.

At the same time, the first article “bleeds” left of the main text area into the left menu space. The article is mostly text, with some images which a no more than 440px wide and justified to the left margin or the article.

Perhaps any Q&A testing may not have looked at IE6 as a “compatible” browser? There are certain sites and applications that are not IE7 friendly. It would be nice to see templates released that are “widely” compatible.

Is there a fix for this at the template level?</blockquote>

I hate to start off on a negative note, but I had purchased the joomlart subscription previously for this template alone, and am having the exact same above problem.

I was a little dissapointed to find out that you need to be a member to get support on a template even though I had paid for this template in the past. Anyways, I went ahead and renewed my membership so that I could get support for this issue.

I hope that this can be resolved, otherwise this would be quite a waste of money, and more importantly, time on my behalf…

The problem only occurs in IE6. The site looks fine in IE7 or Firerfox. You can see this problem at the following link.

If for some reason this does not work, you can visit http://takara.belmontcanada.com and then follow the products link >> Chairs >> Styling Chairs. This page’s main text overflows into the left column, and pushes the left column to the bottom (in IE6 of course)… IE7 it works fine.

If there is another are for me to get this support from Joomlart, please forgive my ignorance in advance, and let me know…

Thank you,
    dave

Khanh Le Moderator

The problem is your right column. In the error page, there’re stil some module pubished in right position. Please make sure there’s no right module publish in product page or your main content area have not enough width to display 4 product per line.

tourc Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 33606 wrote:</em><blockquote>The problem is your right column. In the error page, there’re stil some module pubished in right position. Please make sure there’s no right module publish in product page or your main content area have not enough width to display 4 product per line.</blockquote>

In every other browser it works,

I have used the published right column for both spacing, and there will be an item displayed there as soon as I can figure out this problem

I would guess that it would be that if it didn’t work perfectly in IE7 and Firefox.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tourc 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum