Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Now you need to ensure that the file properties of the directory /templates/ja_genista/scripts is set to 777. And then you also make sure that the properties for the file in that directory iepngfix.htc in that directory also is set to 777.

Then test it well. This means flushing cache, restarting your browser, pressing F3 several times to reload.

Let me know!

tombuhn Friend

I forgot to tell you I had already did the 777,which I wasn’t really happy about. (I did everything in this post, before I posted asking for help). I understand 777 is not your problem, and your trying to help, which I truly appreciate!

So:

1. 777 was done
    2. Cache, was clean and cleaned and cleaned
    3. CCleaner was used
    4. Multiple computers used

So theres no issue with the cache.

Now it gets better. One one computer with IE 6 looks different then another computer with IE 6.

As of now, png transparency is fixed, BUT there is still an issue with the right logo coming down a couple of inches. I tried messing with all the top spotlight CSS settings. IE made the top right ja-top CSS 37% instead of 40 % hoping it would come back up, no luck. Set the 10px padding to 5px on the left of the left side slideshow, still no luck.

PS Logo size was also reduced and re-uploaded, so logo isn’t keeping box from shrinking.

Now what 🙁

Thanks again for the assistance!!!!!

tombuhn Friend

Does anyone no how to fix this? Bump.

antoniu1 Friend

Can you give a link to your website?

tombuhn Friend

I did, it was in my first post….. http://www.annettemartin.com

Man I hope you can help me with this…….

tombuhn Friend

Come on guys, we need some help with this…………………… just do one of two things, tell us your not going to fix it or tell us how to fix it. please.

Menalto Friend

<em>@tombuhn 41400 wrote:</em><blockquote>Come on guys, we need some help with this…………………… just do one of two things, tell us your not going to fix it or tell us how to fix it. please.</blockquote>

I dont see anything wrong on that site regarding IE6 and png fix?
    But you have a few other things to fix i see

tombuhn Friend

In IE 6 the far right box, with the logo it in won’t stay put, it keeps moving down by about 2 in. Like I said in an earlier post I tried messing with the CSS and no luck.

The other question is, with the folder having 777 to make some of the other items work? Is that going to be fixed?

you want a screen cap?

What else do you see?, I have everything else turned off, lol

Menalto Friend

http://www.annettemartin.com/index.php/VIP-Buyers/ here it does not look nice.
    But for the far right box, try to make the images a little smaller in width.Both of them.

anouar Friend

I have the same IE6 issue in my site http://www.yachebba.com , when i activate the slide show or use icon in the main menu, all links in the frontpage are locked ! I really like this template so please help us to fix it.
    it seems like the “mainwrap-center.png” mask a part of the page !
    PS : You have the same issue in your demo!( click twice in the menu “home” and you will see that all link will be frozen)

tombuhn Friend

Ok, the menu was messed up because it was switch from suker fish to split, thats not really the issue, that happened because of the settings i’v been messing with to try and fix this issues:

http://www.pcexpectations.com/misc/annette.jpg

So please don’t tell me i’m missing something, cause i’m not, i just need someone to help me fix this, please. I dunno how else to ask.

it is IE, V 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300

Now before someone tells me to have the person update IE, I can’t make the whole world do it, so the only other option is to fix the template.

Thanks again.

Tom

Menalto Friend

<em>@tombuhn 41800 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok, the menu was messed up because it was switch from suker fish to split, thats not really the issue, that happened because of the settings i’v been messing with to try and fix this issues:

http://www.pcexpectations.com/misc/annette.jpg

So please don’t tell me i’m missing something, cause i’m not, i just need someone to help me fix this, please. I dunno how else to ask.

it is IE, V 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300

Now before someone tells me to have the person update IE, I can’t make the whole world do it, so the only other option is to fix the template.

Thanks again.

Tom</blockquote>
    Did you try to make the images smaller in width?

tombuhn Friend

No I did make any changes to the images that make up the box, the logo I did make smaller. That didn’t fix it either, so after trying everything in this thread, and not having any luck I went into the css and make the margins and width smaller thinking that the 2 divs were over lapping thus pushing the one one the right down. Nothing seems to work 🙁 .

Get this, if you look at the template in IE7 the gap between the two boxes is wider then the gap between the boxes using IE6 (with the same CSS). So it changed in IE7 but won’t change in IE6, does that help or give a clue? Kinda wierd that it changes in one but not in the other.

Let me know…..

Menalto Friend

Try to replace both images at top there with two images 100px wide( i talk about the logo and the picture of the house), and lets see if they line up then.
    And redo the margin/padding you changed,coz now you break the layout of the logo.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum