Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I have a strange problem and a but that I cannot find with IE 8/9

On Community Builder pages like http://activ-ha.com/profil-client/userprofile/jcmachuron the theme chosen for the template is not kept and ja_wall defaults to default theme.

This behavior occurs only on the CB pages and only with IE 8/9 and I cannot find out why

Chrome, FF, Safari works ok

Very strange and frustrate

So any help would be welcome 🙂

HeR0 Friend

Hi Activha,

Sorry, could you please clarify your issue in more details for further check ?

Regards,

activha Friend

Yes we have Wall template with color_block_light for all the website.

This is working very well except on IE 9 where the Wall reverts back to default template (green) only on CB pages (Community Builder)

All is working very well on chrome, safari, FF for the same CB pages (keeps color_block_light)

It seems like IE 9 does not want to show the custom theme on CB pages and I cannot figure why

I have no js errors, but the theme is not taken into account

Have a look at the page above with IE9 and chrome/safari and you’ll understand

HeR0 Friend

Hi
    I checked and could see the reason missing styles is that: In IE browser allows loading 32 files at max while css files number in your site are larger than 32. Hence you should use a compress css plugin. You can find compress plugin at JED.

Regards,

activha Friend

<em>@HeR0 342361 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    I checked and could see the reason missing styles is that: In IE browser allows loading 32 files at max while css files number in your site are larger than 32. Hence you should use a compress css plugin. You can find compress plugin at JED.

Regards,</blockquote>

Woaaa ! Wonderful, I could search long for this one !

thanks thanks thanks 🙂

activha Friend

By the way I have noticed that Wall loads up to 17 css files !

Is there any way to compress them to one and only change the template instead of using a compress plugin which will always have problems with other components or domains ?

HeR0 Friend

Hi Activha
    Don’t worry, compressing css will not have any problems happened with our website. But on the contrary, it can make the loading speed down!

Regards,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum