Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Can someone explain to me which css files of bootstrap is used with the Ja Magz template. When I go to getbootstrap.org I can add icons with glyphicon- but this does not work, I need to use icon- but when I go to the mega menu manager and click on icon, I am forwarded to http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/ what is using fa- but also those icons do not work. Also several button class tags are not working. Maybe someone can explain which one I need and which page to go to.

Thanks

davidwi Friend

Hi Yes I am getting the same. I don’t appear to be able to use the glyphicon icons.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,

First of all, please make sure that you’re using the latest version of T3 framework and also tell me how you want to use the glyphicon icons, I will try to reproduce at my local site and give you suggestion.

sp1der Friend

I have just download the latest T3 framework and JA Magz.
    Like what remmers mentioned, for example glyphicon glyphicon-search is added to the megamenu icon text field, it is shown at the backend with icon but not at the frontend.

Also for menu set to hidden-desktop will be disappeared from Megamenu Toolbox. Only when click on delete configuration button, the hidden menu reappear again.

TomC Moderator

Also, if/when you want to modify CSS for your template, you do not want to work with bootstrap/less CSS files – as such will be overwritten upon update/upgrade of the core template and/or Joomla files.

What you want to do is work with CUSTOM.CSS

Bas Friend

Hello,

I have the newest T3 installed as well and I understand that it is better to add styles in custom.css but the problem is that it is not clear which bootstrap files are installed. I have the newest magz template but still old boopstrap css files. I am just wondering which bootstrap files I need as I mention before icon can be added but not with the names that are given as example.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

I’m sorry but the [glyphicon] icons support by Bootstrap 3 base theme only, while this JA Magz template is using Bootstrap 2. If you hover the icon link in backend settings of megamenu, you will see the note there: http://prntscr.com/44s5ej

sp1der Friend

Thanks Saguaros. This is clear now on the icon.

However, the menu will disappear from megamenu backend if it is set to hide on desktop mode or display only in mobile.
    This is explained in my earlier post as well.

Saguaros Moderator

I’m still not quite clear about issue here, could you help to illustrate the change you expect via screenshorts? it would help to better suggestion.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum