Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Can I create a second mainnav menu and use it in the ipone layout instead of the regular mainnav menu?

Daniel Raymo Friend

If anyone else is interested, I finally went with a clumsy hack, and edited: /plugins/system/jat3/core/menu/base.class.php adding after line 49

if (T3Common::mobile_device_detect()){
    $this->setParam('menutype', 'phonemenu');
    $rows = $menu->getItems('menutype', 'phonemenu');
    }

This uses the menu “phonemenu” that I created, instead of the mainmenu when accessed by a mobile phone.

I’d like to see Joomlart spend some time developing a more robust and adaptable iphone template. I really like the look of the one they have, but it’s not easily changed. It’s really becoming important to clients to have a iphone version.

matgray87 Friend

did you find a way to solve this?

Thanks,
    Matt

chavan Friend

Hi

We implemented 6 menu types in plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/menu

You could extended new menu by create a class extend from JAMenuBase

You could consult plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/iphone/mainnav.php to know load your extended menu.

Thanks,

Dave Wester Friend

Sounds great, but I think for the most of us, this is acrabadabra.
    I looked in the file and see the code, but how to change the code, so you can make a specific iphone_menu is not clear to me.

Can you be more specific?

Regards

Dave Wester

chavan Friend

Hi Dave

To be more specific, iphone_menu is so lengthy, you need to read and understand the code a bit.

Apart from the suggested solution,you can write a menu module and replace the block code in plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/block/iphone/mainnav.php

<?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu('iphone'))) $jamenu->genMenu (); ?>

by

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="iphone-nav" />

Then set your menu module to iphone-nav position.

I hope it helps!
    Thanks,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum