Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to use K2 categories in JA News? All of my articles are K2 items so I want my JA News module (like the one in the template on the front page) to point to those category items.

Phan Gam Friend

Hi,
    Unfortunately, JA News not support for K2 contents.
    I think you can use JA NewsPro for solving your problem.

tangierc Friend

I am navigating your site trying to find JA News Pro. Where is it? Can you provide a link.

steinar Friend

<em>@tangierc 207591 wrote:</em><blockquote> trying to find JA News Pro. Where is it?</blockquote>

It is part of the new Teline IV template:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1860

tangierc Friend

Thank you. I installed JA News Pro in my JA Lead, but the k2 categories do not show up where they should. The K2 category list is empty even though I have categories.

Strange thing is that JA News Front page does show the categories. Though both News Pro and Front Page aren’t showing anything in the front end. In fact, when I tried to use JA News Pro i get this in the front end where Test2 is my module name:

TEST2
    DB function failed with error number 1064
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=0’ at line 1 SQL=SELECT *, name as title FROM jos_k2_categories WHERE id= AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=0DB function failed with error number 1064
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=0 ORDER BY ordering ASC’ at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_k2_categories WHERE parent= AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=0 ORDER BY ordering ASC

Phan Gam Friend

Hi,
    Just to let you know that we are investigating your issue. Please send me your site and ftp account, i will have a closer look and can quickly-fix for you.
    Please keep on hold and I will inform you as soon as getting more information

tangierc Friend

The site i am working on is http://lunchboxinternational.com/site2

I am the admin of the site and unfortunately the client does not want me to release the ftp information. Is there any explanation for this that you may have. It’s strange that the k2 categories show up in JA News Frontpage. It would be great if this could work.

tangierc Friend

Hello again. I just wanted to let you know that I did a clean install of JA_LEAD using MAMP on my computer (Mac OS 10.6) I installed K2, ja_newspro, and ja_news frontpage modules, created new K2 categories and items and they still didn’t show up in the JA News Pro module.

Please advise.

Phan Gam Friend

Hi,
    Sorry for this inconvenient, to fix it you can try as follows to
    Goto JA News Pro backend config, in select category, please make selection cats-list “all categories” value.

You can also download and reinstall JA News Pro latest version for an updated version.

JA News pro was released only for JA Teline IV and has not been approved or tested on JA Lead.

Regards!

newtybar Friend

I would like to know if this worked, I am interested in this as well.

zorroh Friend

you must specify categories what you want to show in news pro.. just all not working, pick one by one all categories what you want to show and then it works

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  zorroh 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum