Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi

I have disabled the rss feature , I went to Article Options -> Intergration -> Show Feed Link and I set it to "Hide".

The effect was that the pages (eg home page: learn-greek-online.com) NO LONGER show those links in the source code:

<link href="/?format=feed&amp;type=rss" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" />
        <link href="/?format=feed&amp;type=atom" rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom 1.0" />

However if you visit the link, you will still see the pages:
    learn-greek-online.com/?format=feed&type=rss
    learn-greek-online.com/?format=feed&type=atom

What can I do to disable those too?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Did you try to check the same settings in Menu item of that article page?

bobptz Friend

Hi

I have checked the options of the manu items, but I did not find anything relevant.

I am using Joomla 3.8.3. Could you tell me what option you mean please?

Saguaros Moderator

Could you share the admin account of your site? I will take a look.

bobptz Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It seems that option only hides the feed link, if you manually enter the URL with feed like that, it still shows. Could you post the same question into Joomla forum? as it relates much to Joomla rather than template.

bobptz Friend

For some reason this happens only for the pages with style "feature intro pro 1". It does not happen in single article pages.

Anyway, thanks

bobptz Friend

It seems that joomla does not have a feature to disable those links. This is how I managed to redirect the links to the home page:

In the .htaccess file I created those rules:

redirect the feed links

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} type=rss
    RewriteRule . https://mydomain.com? [R=301,L]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} type=atom
    RewriteRule .
    https://mydomain.com? [R=301,L]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bobptz 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum