Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ok , I downloaded barite template, installed quickstart in xampp in my virtual machines (windows 2003).
    What I really want to do is to add modules into my specific positions.

I followed a few threads to add new modules. Here is what I did:
    1. Add position “<position>hottopic</position>” in /template/ja_barite/templateDetails.xml.
    result: I got position “hottopic” in extensions ->Module->position.
    Questions: It seems me this step only add a “declaration” for position “hottopic”. I mean at this moment joomla only knows there is a new position named “hottopic” available. However, MY QUESTION IS: WHERE EXACTLY is this position in the page ?
    How can I specify the this position coordinate ? For example, what if I want to add this position to the most right to “Polls” module ? Please see the attachment 1.

2. I added following code :
    In index.php file in templates/barite folder
    <div id=”ja-hottopicwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-hottopic”>
    <!– load module for hot topic –>
    </div>
    </div>

<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”ja-hottopic” style=”xhtml” />

Also I added: following into template.css file in templates/ja_teline_ii/css:
    #ja-hottopicwrap {
    clear:both;
    margin:0 auto;
    width:970px;
    }

RESULT: I didn’t see any module named “hottopic” when I tried to create a new module.

In general, I would like to know more to create customized stuff. It seems me joomlart template has lots stuff designed not explained in joomla official tutorials/docs.
    I would really appreciate if you guys can offer more general topic but more specific topic.
    I think it would be great idea to have a few examples/demo really “creative”, which can give users better idea how to add there own content.

Thanks!

1. newmodules
    sagitar6387 Friend

Besides the above question , I also followed this link tried to create a module:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-custom-module-2/
    Funny thing is , I can’t even get TinyMCE2.0 editor work. Again I am using the downloaded barite template and quick start package.

Well I admit that I don’t have much experience with CSS/HTML, but that’s the point why we have template , right ?
    So I do look forward to having some complete guide to build a new website. Actually why not make a demo and show people like me using a joomlart template to create a fully customized website from scratch ?

I appreciate your help.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi sagitar6387

I would like to answer your questions as follows:

1. Create new module
    + Open template/ja_barite/templateDetails.xml, you have to add <position>ja-hottopic</position>
    + Open index.php file, add this code: <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”ja-hottopic” style=”xhtml” />
    + go to http://www.your-domain.com/index.php?tp=1 to see all positions in your page. You will see this position

2. TinyMCE2.0 editor

It is the default of joomla. I think you made a missing. Please submit a ticket, send us your live url, admin account so that we have a closer look on the issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum