Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

I need to put a banner in the header. Can you tell me what should I do?

The position is in the top.header. The image hava width 964 and height 150.

I attach picture for better understanding. 😉

1. Banner-de-Top
    pavit Moderator

Hi

Which version of the template you have ? Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3.0

5268311 Friend

Hi my version is Joomla 2.5

jonathonlee Friend

Try this site http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-new-module-position-6/ and go to STEP TWO – Which Layout Block for New Position? and there is Attachment 19789 click on that because it show a banner by the logo.

5268311 Friend

Hi do not know if I’m right but the position in the template already created (top header). Please see image.

What I need is to insert a banner there instead of the logo. The banner has a measure of 974 wide by 150 high.

My question is if you configure here are rather measures of Top Header to insert the banner there and not create a new position. This is possible? What should I do?

1. banner3
    5268311 Friend

Please help with the above!
    Hi do not know if I’m right but the position in the template already created (top header). Please see image.

What I need is to insert a banner there instead of the logo. The banner has a measure of 974 wide by 150 high.

My question is if you configure here are rather measures of Top Header to insert the banner there and not create a new position. This is possible? What should I do?

1. banner3
    5268311 Friend

I need to increase the height of the top position on template header Ja University 2.5. In this area appears the logo but I want to replace it with a banner that measures 974 that is the current length. But the high is 50 and I need to do 150.

In the indication of said jonathonlee create a new position. But already in this position is called Top Header Template.

Please help!

Stork11 Friend

Hello 5268311,

Please copy “/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/header.php” file to “/templates/ja_university/blocks/header.php” file. This file contains all code for header. You can replace its code by “banner” module code.

Regards.

5268311 Friend

Ok its instruction are:

Please copy “/ plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/header.php”

file to “/ templates / ja_university / blocks / header.php” file.

This file contains all code for header. You can replace its code by “banner” module code.

And now what can I do? And now that I do? Where is the “banner” module code.?

Please help!:confused:

1. Please-copy
    Stork11 Friend

Hello 5268311,

That’s a custom work, so you need to add by yourself. You can use ‘<jdoc:include type=”module” name=”banner” />’ above the logo code. Then assign your module to “banner” position.

Regards.

5268311 Friend

Hi! how much it cost to make this work?:)

jonathonlee Friend

Well find this on another post here on Joomlart. Don’t remember the link or who posted it but it helped me add a two images between the logo and search box.

Find the link and it came from Ninja http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/add-module-position-on-left-side-of-search/

Add module position on left side of search

Follow me on this way

1) Copy plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/header.php file

2) Paste it to templates/ja_university/blocks

Open header.php file

from
    Code:
    <?php if($this->countModules('search')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-search">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="search" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    change to
    Code:
    <?php if($this->countModules('new_position')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-new_position">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="new_position" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if($this->countModules('search')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-search">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="search" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    3) Open templates/ja_university/css/template.css file

add new script
    Code:
    #ja-new_position {
    position: absolute;
    right: 300px;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 300px;
    }

4) go to your templatedetails.xml and add <position>new_position</position> on top of <position>search</position>

5) Create new module appear with new_position

Remember to clear cache from Admin area.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@jonathonlee: Thanks for helped

@5268311: You can try with my solution if it doesn’t work, please pm me with url, admin access and ftp account. I shall help you add new position on your site.

5268311 Friend

Sorry You could explain to me how I should do this process: You can use ‘<jdoc:include type=”module” name=”banner” />’

REgards,

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have created “banner” position with my solution here on your site but need to change css style

Open templates/ja_university/css/template.css file

add new script

/*add new module*/
    #ja-banner {
    position: absolute;
    right: 0px;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 700px;
    }

Please create new module appear with banner position

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum