Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I need to disable the default menu “main menu”, we have enabled in joomla multilanguage.

situation which is the main menu module?
    we can not disable it

1. Captura
    swissa Friend

<em>@gaiza 322958 wrote:</em><blockquote>I need to disable the default menu “main menu”, we have enabled in joomla multilanguage.

situation which is the main menu module?
    we can not disable it</blockquote>

Before offering any suggestions (that may be wrong!) it would help if you said which template, url etc.

If you are using T3 then this is fairly easy to achieve. 😉

gaiza Friend

template : JA_Orisite – Default

gaiza Friend

thanks for your attention, we are working with multilanguage, the template only gives us the ability to post a menu, we have to publish a menu in main menu in Spanish and one in English
    to send the web need to send a private message, please help me, I need to deliver the finished work tomorrow, I am new to joomla 2.5 multilanguage

swissa Friend

<em>@gaiza 322965 wrote:</em><blockquote>thanks for your attention, we are working with multilanguage, the template only gives us the ability to post a menu, we have to publish a menu in main menu in Spanish and one in English
    to send the web need to send a private message, please help me, I need to deliver the finished work tomorrow, I am new to joomla 2.5 multilanguage</blockquote>

so, no pressure then? :p

I don’t know how much you know about T3 but to do this , you’ll need to work with page assignments and profiles. So let me know if you know nothing or if you have experience then I can go through stage by stage for you. Hopefully that will help you……

swissa Friend

Sorry, can you also say what you are trying to achieve – z.B. – you do not want the menü at all on all pages? Or you want it only to appear on certain pages?

Or you are having a problem posting both a spanish and an englisch menü?

😉

gaiza Friend

I can send a private message to the web?

TomC Moderator

I’m thinking another way you could go about it would be to make your “default” menu item (usually “Home” or something that points to the Home page) a part of a different menu – say, your Top or Footer menu.

You always have to have a default menu item – again, it’s usually (and probably always should be) assigned to the Home page – because this is what will come up when people type in your site’s url. However, the default menu item does not have to be assigned to the main navigation menu – and you don’t even have to have a main navigation menu.

As I mentioned above, the way I’ve gotten around this issue is to assign my default “home” menu item to either a Top menu (like you already have) or to my Footer menu. Either way, so long as the default menu item is configured to point to the Home page, it doesn’t matter in which menu the item is listed – so long as it is published.

Hope That Helps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum