Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Well, based on the demo look/functionality SO FAR, I like it. Can’t get the “Mega Menu” to work just yet, and many of the links aren’t working (yet). So, needless to say I am very much looking forward to testing this out more as the demo is further developed.

😎

One thing I would like to see – which I could, of course, create myself if not included – would be a “top of header” menu with several general items – such as “Home – My Account – My Cart – Checkout – Login (for JA Login option) – Help” This, of course, assumes VirtueMart integration within the Quickstart.

I would also like to see the option of selecting square corners instead of the rounded corners for the borders of the various section blocks.

Thoughts?

antoniu1 Friend

Good thread idea. 🙂

What I would REALLY like to see, is that the menu is provided in different color settings, or – even better – that the color palette is adjustable via the template settings. I am not so happy with a standard dark menu in each template. I love it in Purity II, but it’s dark again. So, a light (white and color variants) would be great.

A lot more module positions. Top menu, top header left/right, and the positions that I see in the pic for the T3 framework, that I can’t find any explanation or documentation about?

Forum integration PLEASE! Preferrably PHPBB.

Integration of Virtuemart would be extremely helpful too.

Rounded input fields would be very nice.

Thanks!
    Tom

antoniu1 Friend

hi Tom,

Concerning your wish for square corners, you could edit that easily? And for the column headers, these are square already. But JA makes use of the kit for rounded borders, which are not working in any IE browser. So those will be square in IE anyway already. Just remove the kit- from the css.

JA, Hung, I have seen you use rounded borders through css for other templates also, but since the most used browser, IE, is not supporting that, perhaps some sprites instead?

The Ja Ruby template is not so nice with square edges for active menu items while the rest is rounded, for example.

Thanks,
    Tom (the other)

TomC Moderator

You’re right about the square corners – easily accomplished.

Still would like to see Vitruemart integrated with some sample products – which would provide some more listings for the “Mega Menu” as well. At present, doesn’t look like there are enough menu items to populate the “Mega Menu” to it’s potential (such as in Purity II).

I know, I know . . . I can (and will) install Virtuemart myself if Hung decides not to include it.

😎

TomC Moderator

Is Hung or any of he Development Team checking any of these threads out ??

:confused:

antoniu1 Friend

Yes, that’s what I just posted in another forum. There are posts that really ask for some proper response. And since many other members are reading these posts too, I think they might wonder just when JA cares to respond.

Tom (the copy) 😀

TAnne Mills Friend

Virtuemart integration would be greatly appreciated!

Gytis Navickas Friend

What happened! 🙁

I waste a week to download template, but at the last moment you uploaded different design! How to get that template?

prakash Friend

the old design would be released in a week or two – is what has been promised by Hung and would be a bonus template for November…so we just need to wait!

beadit Friend

Virtuemart – yes please !! I’d like a virtuemart install on every 2nd template – if you don’t need it then it can come off.

I’ve tried to add virtuemart to a number of templates and I just don’t have the skills to make them look as great as the JA team – it looks like amateur hour. Yes I know that there are a couple here – I’m using one and the other is pretty old hat now.

uzvezda Friend

Hello,
    is now Virtuemart integrated in any version of this template? I couldn’t found it yet, so if some have more information I would preciate it. If you want to use Virtuemart on this template you need to use other virtuemart template that default, otherwise it looks no good …

thank you.

TomC Moderator

uzvezda;159598Hello,
    is now Virtuemart integrated in any version of this template? I couldn’t found it yet, so if some have more information I would preciate it. If you want to use Virtuemart on this template you need to use other virtuemart template that default, otherwise it looks no good …

thank you.

You can install VirtueMart into ANY Joomla template – VM is a component compatible with the Joomla CMS.
    You don’t need a “VM specific template” to install VirtueMart.

TomC Moderator

beadit;151914
    I’ve tried to add virtuemart to a number of templates and I just don’t have the skills to make them look as great as the JA team – it looks like amateur hour. Yes I know that there are a couple here – I’m using one and the other is pretty old hat now.

There are a number of resources available to you to help you with this aspect as well.
    A few of my personal favorites are . . . .

http://www.yagendoo.com/

http://www.poweredbyvirtuemart.com/

and, of course . . . http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_sobi2&catid=5&Itemid=

😎

uzvezda Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 159770 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can install VirtueMart into ANY Joomla template – VM is a component compatible with the Joomla CMS.
    You don’t need a “VM specific template” to install VirtueMart.</blockquote>

I know this, but the problem is template is not the same thus shop looks not so good. If you have a “VM specific template” than it looks like is one site not site one template and VM just ordinary default template or any else which has different colors. That why I asked. But thanks anyway.

TomC Moderator

uzvezda;159773I know this, but the problem is template is not the same thus shop looks not so good. If you have a “VM specific template” than it looks like is one site not site one template and VM just ordinary default template or any else which has different colors. That why I asked. But thanks anyway.

See the links I posted in #13 above . . . those can help you further style your store.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum