Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have been told to install joomla 2.5.19 in order for some component that i bought to function perfectly :

1) can you tell me if there wioll be any consequences on ja Bistro template??

2) where can i get the version of joomla 2.5.19 ??

ciao,
    Antonio

swissa Friend

The best thing to do if you are unsure about any updates to your site is to run a dev server and test it there.

You can use akeeba to do a backup, make a new sub-domain called dev of your site, restore the akeeba backup there (using a new fresh database) and then test it. And test the new component without affecting the live site. That way your live site never has a problem.

For joomla updates you need to go to joomla themselves. If you are running 2.5.x then you pick up upgrade packages herehttp://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/frs/?action=index

antoniocerasuolo Friend

hi swissa,

the reason for this request to upgrade is due to rsjoomla who wants us to upgrade becasue they say that this is why their photo gallery product stopped working:

this is what they say :

” noticed that you are using a rather old Joomla! version. Considerable changes were made during the latest versions. This being a Joomla! side SEF related issue, it would be best to update your Joomla! to its latest (2.5.19).”

this is how it is looking now:

http://www.relaxdomus.com/index.php/it/galleria-foto-it

i would like to use a different photo gallery which hopefully works…. CAN YOU SUGGEST A PHOTOGALLERY??

ciao
    Antonio

swissa Friend

Ciao Antonio,

Regardless of the current problem it would be a good pratice to use a dev server (or on your local machine) to do any testing.

There are lots of galleries on the joomla extensions directory. I use widgetkit from yootheme mostly – it’s free and responsive if you use a responsive template.

It does seem like a fairly old-looking site. You’re going to miss out on a lot of potential customers as your site is not responsive. Lots of people use a mobile or ipad to search for accommodation so you may want to consider changing the template completely.

As you’re a member I’d personally recommend swapping up to one of the latest templates – JA-Fixel would be cool for your use I think, (it uses galleries too), so too would JA-Wall but that’s just my opinion. 🙂

I know it will be hard work to upgrade but once done the site is modern, responsive, up to date (for Expo 2015) and you can leave it alone (apart from updates) for the next couple of years!! 🙂

Just some ideas for you – check out widgetkit anyway although it may not install depending on your J version.

antoniocerasuolo Friend

ciao swissa,

yes my idea as well is to change template in the near future.. but for the moment the owner of the site would like to keep as is.

therefore my immediate problem is to resolve the photogallery issue and then we can talk about changing the template!

thans

ciao,
    Anonio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  antoniocerasuolo 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum