Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I am trying to replace JA Login with CB Login.

Problems; the module is put all the way to the left instead of the right, and the box for username and password is totally grayed out.

Anyone got the answer?

JMB

Menalto Friend

Are you using joomla 1.0.xx or 1.5?

jasonbr Friend

I am using Joomla 1.0

thanks again,

JMB

Sherlock Friend

Can u send your URL ?

bigrk Friend

nguoiabcd, Did you come up with a resolution to this question? Do not forget to post it! đŸ™‚

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@jasonbr 57727 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am trying to replace JA Login with CB Login.

Problems; the module is put all the way to the left instead of the right, and the box for username and password is totally grayed out.

Anyone got the answer?

JMB</blockquote>

Hung posted a script for this, and a separate independent script was paid for by one of the customers, and he is sharing them for free with others. (Search under CB Registration or CB Login, or write to Hung).

I am not sure though if the script that was being shared with everyone has the most critical feature of the CB, as far as I am concerned — the power of the Admin to approve duly validated email address and the link in the “default email validation” clicked by the registrant. Without this option for Admin approval, I consider any Joomla registration to be insecure. I get so many spam/bots in a similar registration from my Coppermine photogallery sites.

My own preference is to have stand alone modules of the Community Builder, and I place them all at the bottom (right)

CB Login

CB Workflows
    CB Online

For privacy reason, I have the last two viewed only by “Registered/Logged in” members. At least, that was one of the requests by a site I created for a friend of mine.

Cornelio

N.B.

To my knowledge, CB is just for Joomla 1.0x right now. It may be possible for use in a Legacy mode for Joomla 1.5x; although I have not tried because there are extensions that do not work when the legacy mode is on.

steve z Friend

Let me start by saying, Great template! It will fit my needs just right… hopefully with a solution to get CB to appear the same as the template login.

I am also trying to determine a way to add CB login to the “top” module with little luck. It appears that the core “search” and core “login” modules are hard coded in the template. This works great until one wants to replace the login feature with Community Builder. Not sure right now what the solution is to this problem, or if there is a solution.

I am using:
    – I am using joomla 1.5.3
    – CB 1.2RC (for joomla 1.5.3)

Perhaps the solution is altering the template to have the “top” module a little more defined to be in the same position as the templates login field. Then determining a way to custom code the CD login module appearance (not a responsiblility of Joomlart). I really like the way the template login box looks and its placement… not to see if there is a way to add CB login in the same manner.

Regarding the previous post, I did search for “CB Registration” and “CB login” with little luck in finding the answer.

steve z Friend

I just had another thought that for other to comment on… would this work,

– When using CB, do not display the CB login module… rather, use the joomla login module and disable the registration ability from that joomla login module.
    – to register using CB, have a link either on the main menu or somewhere else that leads to the CB registration form.

Thoughts on if this would work. It appears to be working in my initial 30 second test…

BTW- how did this thread get marked as “ANSWERED” when there was no final solution. Recommend removing the “ANSWERED” marking. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Steve Z

elite_1ne Friend

Steve, I did what you are describing and it works fine, only difference is i kept the create an account link and made it so it links to the cb form. I actually don’t remember what i did now as I’m at work but if someone needs to know how to do this then I’ll post what changes i made.

steve z Friend

<em>@elite_1ne 62219 wrote:</em><blockquote>Steve, I did what you are describing and it works fine, only difference is i kept the create an account link and made it so it links to the cb form. I actually don’t remember what i did now as I’m at work but if someone needs to know how to do this then I’ll post what changes i made.</blockquote>

I would really like to know how you made the “create an account” link go to the CB form. I tried to find the file to change, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks,
    Steve

elite_1ne Friend

In Ja_Helio folder go to html/mod_login directory and there will be a file named default.php.

The bolded parts are the lines that have been changed:

<?php Deleted This
    $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' );Deleted This
    if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?> Deleted this
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers' ); ?>"> Added this bold part.
    <?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?> Deleted this

or just download this file and replace it:

1. default.zip
    steve z Friend

elite_1ne,

Thanks for providing the location of the code! I used the revised default.php code and it worked great. I noticed though that the “forgot your password” link was still using the core Joomla link. Below is the change required to change the link to use Community Builder 1.2RC (Joomla 1.5.3).

old code

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=reset' ); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD'); ?></a>

Replace with the following code for Joomla 1.5.3 and CB1.2RC :

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword' ); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD'); ?></a>

Attached is a text version of the elite_1ne’s mod and the above mod combined so anyone can replace the text in their original default.php

Cheers,
    Steve Z

1. default_php.txt
    elite_1ne Friend

Opps… heh forgot about that… thanks… Using the core joomla one would still be fine though id assume? since were just disabling the core joomla registration of a new account… but I will switch it to the cb mod just because i would like to access it all from one place.

drmonge Friend

Hi guys!!!! I was trying to find an answer for this problem. Thank you all for your imput.

I came with a solution to this problem. You only need to edit three lines of the mod_cblogin.php of your site and you are running!!!

line 180

echo '<div style="width:100%; overflow: hidden; padding:0px; border-width:0px; margin:0px;">'."n";

change to this

echo '<div style="float: left; color: #333333;">'."n";

line 395

echo '<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button'.$class_sfx.'" value="'._BUTTON_LOGOUT."" />";

change to this

echo '<input type="submit" name="Submit" style="font-size: 11px !important; float: left; color: #333333; background: #CCCCCC !important; border: 1px solid #B4B4B4 !important;" class="button'.$class_sfx.'" value="'._BUTTON_LOGOUT."" />";

and line 537

if ($horizontal) echo "  n"; else echo "</td></tr>n<tr><td>";

change to this

if ($horizontal) echo "  <br />n"; else echo "</td></tr>n<tr><td>";

Then in the mod_cblogin configuration page choose HORIZONTAL and COMPACT, use “mod_login” as module class sufix and choose “hide unchecked or hide checked” in remember me checkbox.

Hope this helps guys!!!

Cheers

David Porré Friend

Hello drmonge,

I really thought the solution of my problem was in your post, but I can’t find the lines you quote in the file… I found some “lookalike”, tried to replace them like you said but it doesn’t work…

We probably don’t use the same version of CB… ?

I run Community Builder 1.2 RC 3.

Could you tell me wich CB you’re using ?
    And maybe give me some tips to solve my problem ?

Hoping for your answer,
    Best regards.
    David

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  David PorrĂ© 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum