Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

First I unpublish the ja_flashnews module, because I want to use another module instead, but I got an partial image of ja_flashnews; then, I uninstalled it but the image is still there!, what can I do?
    http://www.consejocafe.org/test
    Also, I saw the files with ftp client and the ja_newsflash not exists anymore, Also, I could not find the avatar foto, but if you see the site are still there!

Thanks

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Couple of things…

First you need simply to DISABLE the JA_newsflash MODULE. Your Unpublishing is only taking out what’s IN the module…not the module itself.
    So…
    Goto EXTENTIONS > MODULE MANAGER and find JA_Newsflash…select it and click “DISABLE.”
    That should do it.

But if you really want to hack the CSS to get rid of the image…(I’d still try the above first in case you should ever want to use it in the future…)

then go to laputa.css (line 192)

And change from this:

#ja-newsflash {
    background:transparent url(../../images/laputa/sl-bg.png) no-repeat scroll right top;
    }

To this:

#ja-newsflash {

}

And then change template_css.css (line 960)

#ja-newsflash {
    background:transparent url(../images/sl-bg.png) no-repeat scroll right top;
    display:block;
    float:left;
    height:135px;
    width:427px;
    }

To this:

#ja-newsflash {
    display:block;
    float:left;
    height:135px;
    width:427px;
    }

Have fun!
    Nice looking site too!

John.

jdponce Friend

Thanks John, also, I deleted all the lines about avatar.png in laputa.css and template_css.css,, but, I got the following problems:

In ffirefox: I can’t see any ja_newsflash anymore, but I installed another module instead, and the position not is good, because I think that the space where the avatas was is still there, then, the new module is moved to right..
    In Opera, the avatar square space is still there, and all the space where the ja_newsflass too.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance

David,

Well that was cool…as I was diagnosing how to get rid of what you wanted…*poof* you took it out! 🙂

Congrats.
    Let me know if you need further.
    And if you could give me a “Thank You” above I would appreciate it.

Have a GREAT week.
    John.

I’m watching what you are doing…and want to give you a heads up about the Iframe you are using.

You’ll need to reconfigure one area of CSS to match the dimensions of your iframe.

In template_css.css (line 961)

#ja-newsflash div.ja-innerpad {
    margin:0;
    padding:0 10px 0 40px;
    width:377px;
    }

The “40px” above is what you adjust to make the area you are working on move to the left or right. Making it 0px for instance will align it with the video box below.

John.

jdponce Friend

Thanks John, I did it! -with your help- but please see how it looks in Opera Browser, the square is istill over the module i’m trying to set in frontpage.

1. Pantallazo-1
    jdponce Friend

I really can’t do anything else in user5 module position!, I’m trying to install another module and I can’t remove the ja_newsflash 😡
    http://www.consejocafe.org/test

If you want to PM me a user/pass to your Admin area I’ll be glad to take a look.
    j

Sherlock Friend

Can you please send via PM an admin account of your website so that I could look into the issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum